Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 375205 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #570 on: 19 April 2012, 19:09 »
Can’t believe some of you would want to be seen in a hair dressers car.  Jeez the mark 7 will be around in less than a year then you’re going to kick yourself for buying a hairdressers car when you are really going to want the mark 7 golf. :cool:

Not sure the JCW is an hairdressers car ??? :grin:

When I see a mini no matter how many horses it has up front I automatically think it’s a hairdressers car. When I see guy’s driving a mini I just think they look ridicules. It’s a woman’s car.

I must admit I kinda feel the same

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #571 on: 19 April 2012, 19:45 »
A JCW is very much a drivers car. Much more so then a GTI and they are very different. The GTI is a better allrounder which you can have fun in and still be practical. I have to admit though for driving pleasure the JCW to me is better and more fun. It's so uncompromisingly made to be driven hard. That to me is the opposite of a hairdressers car although I can understand that the looks isn't for everyone. Personally I think they can look very mean and cool if you style them correctly, and the opposite if you don't. :) I'd love to have both tbh.
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Jimmymature

« Reply #572 on: 19 April 2012, 19:54 »
Can’t believe some of you would want to be seen in a hair dressers car.  Jeez the mark 7 will be around in less than a year then you’re going to kick yourself for buying a hairdressers car when you are really going to want the mark 7 golf. :cool:

When I see a mini no matter how many horses it has up front I automatically think it’s a hairdressers car. When I see guy’s driving a mini I just think they look ridicules. It’s a woman’s car.

Completely agree, it doesn't matter how quick they are they are a girls car, I also have the same view on Audi TT's

Jim

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #573 on: 19 April 2012, 20:00 »
I had one of the first Mini Cooper S JCW GP's and it was a superb car in every way  :wink:

I did feel like a woofter in it though  :grin:

Jimmymature

« Reply #574 on: 19 April 2012, 20:04 »
I had one of the first Mini Cooper S JCW GP's and it was a superb car in every way  :wink:

I did feel like a woofter in it though  :grin:

Bet you looks like one too..... :evil:

Jim

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #575 on: 19 April 2012, 20:27 »
Drive > looks to me. I didn't really care how I looked on the JCW although I probably would look like a fool in any car with the grin I had while driving it.  :grin: Anyway...hairdressers usually cares more about what other people think about how their cars look.  :laugh:
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #576 on: 19 April 2012, 20:39 »

I dont see any women driving the JCW ?? I live in London yes there are loads of mini's with women driving them, but not the jcw :lipsrsealed:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #577 on: 19 April 2012, 21:08 »
it will p!ss all over a GTI
Not too sure about that unless im just a good driver.  :cool: A lad at work has a year old JCW and he cannot get away from me. :evil: I do agree it is nice to drive and i do like them but the amount i take this piss out of him as hes car mad and BINI MAXI nuts i could not own one.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 21:13 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #578 on: 19 April 2012, 21:18 »
210bhp in a 1200kg car should beat a 210bhp 1400kg car. he must be bottling it! :rolleyes:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #579 on: 19 April 2012, 21:40 »
210bhp in a 1200kg car should beat a 210bhp 1400kg car. he must be bottling it! :rolleyes:
Or not been able to get the power down maybe, performace figures are not that huge a different that a driving style could not compensate for. The JCW i drove was far more torque steering, seems to have less traction, follows cambers, it also has a much sharper power delivery which could effect traction all these add up on real roads. All these are things you have comented about with the GTI so imho i don't think from the drives of the JCW ive had you would like it.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 21:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.