Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374627 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #300 on: 07 October 2011, 12:08 »
The Tiguan is a good practical type of 4x4 transport eminently suitable for budding families. It won't win any beauty contests, but it keeps the faith and for this reason it is very sought after and rightly so.

Regarding the Evoque, I am not too sure. It is styled to excess. Whether this is good or bad is wholly dependent on an individual's taste. I like most of it except for the over squashed roof line which I find mildly irritating, nay ugly. However, its bling effect really appeals to me. Would I buy one? I don't think so, as it is a slow and lumbering thing which promises much by way of looks but disappoints on performance. It needs a re-map from the off. But one can't deny it has novelty value and will probably sell in spades.

Agree with that..... It would be like driving round in a tarts handbag.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #301 on: 07 October 2011, 15:04 »
^^ +1

Reminds me of the X6 - ugly but with some presence and will be owned by lots of WAGs!

I followed one this week whilst on the way to work and I didn't think wow just "that's different"

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #302 on: 07 October 2011, 17:13 »
Evoque it is then  :grin:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #303 on: 07 October 2011, 17:47 »

A friend whom purchases a new top of the range, range rover every year has been given one of these by his dealer to borrow for a couple of weeks. Its obviously the high spec one, but he does speak very highly of it!  :cool:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #304 on: 07 October 2011, 20:09 »

Get it in Indus Silver.  :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #305 on: 07 October 2011, 20:51 »
Either an M3 or an M5
But could be swayed to VW/Audi (Cock-mobile)
Def not a Merc

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Darren VDub

• Not said much yet
« Reply #306 on: 07 October 2011, 22:07 »
After making the decision to get out of the Kuga ASAP, I looked at the Evoque 5 door.

Working for CAT, we have in the past have had great discounts so seemed like a good idea. So i basically spec'd up a 5 door Pure ( bottom of the range ...still very nice tho) with pan roof, bigger wheels and a few toys coming in at £33k. Was told by the Business Manager that residuals have been quoted at 95% at the end of year 1. So with the discount I should get....20% in the past for other colleagues.....it would make a decent PCP.

Too cut a long story short, the Pure isn't aavailable for c6 months, no corporate discount, but they had a black Dynamic available. They priced it up.....£45k with Gap insurance.....then the PCP.....residual after 20 months £27k.... :sick:

No thanks !

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #307 on: 08 October 2011, 19:25 »
There's a black 3 door just moved in down the road from me and TBH it does nothing for me as the roof at the back looks really odd, must admit it looks quite smart inside but is it worth the money? probably not.

Autoexpress have a review of the Evoque coupe and 5 door and I do quite like the look of the 5 door but again price would put me off.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #308 on: 08 October 2011, 19:55 »
Would be a 5 door Prestige Lux for me circa 43K

I just did the vw build a car thingy and a GTD with max spec (still lots less spec than the Evoque spec) was £34,065.00 ( was £36000 prior to free leather.....) even better was a 140 bhp tiguan sport again loaded came out at £37,825.00

Evoque is good value I think - residuals will be mental for years too I think.

123d..... :wink:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #309 on: 08 October 2011, 20:05 »
Properly specced the Evoque is a £50k car. Is it then worth it? For some, probably yes. For me, no, definitely no. It's that stupid roof that puts me off. Everytime I see one of them I think of Victoria Beckham and that again puts me off, big time. But I must admit it is beautiful inside, unlike Victoria.

It costs £20k more than a fully specced GTI or £15 more than a fully specced R and apart from having a perversely novel arse, does nothing more than either.

Rather get a BMW, a Mercedes or possibly even an Audi. These will cost less, have more room, be more reliable and have better performance. You see, I am moving away from bling!

....... and after having said all that, I rather like the Evoque!  :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP