Author Topic: VW Order Tracker  (Read 7682 times)

Offline steve17

• Just got here
VW Order Tracker
« on: 31 October 2013, 16:43 »
After much chopping and changing between makes and models I eventually settled and ordered a GTD in Carbon Grey from Benfield Newcastle on saturday...

A couple of questions on the order tracker:

1.) Against upholstery it says Titan Black (which is on the std. GT) and not grey Jacara. Anyone else had this?
2.) Also roughly how long does it take to move from 'stage 2 - with the factory' to 'stage 3 - build week confirmed'. I've been quoted 24 weeks by the way.
Golf Mk7 GTD in CSG, keyless, winter pack, discover nav

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: VW Order Tracker
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2013, 16:47 »
After much chopping and changing between makes and models I eventually settled and ordered a GTD in Carbon Grey from Benfield Newcastle on saturday...

A couple of questions on the order tracker:

1.) Against upholstery it says Titan Black (which is on the std. GT) and not grey Jacara. Anyone else had this?
2.) Also roughly how long does it take to move from 'stage 2 - with the factory' to 'stage 3 - build week confirmed'. I've been quoted 24 weeks by the way.
Hi mate,

1- dont worry about it stating titan black, my GTi is also the same
2- it took my order a month to move from stage 1 to stage 2 - build week confirmed but this is dependant on spec/parts or any delays.

You made the right choice ordering a Volkswagen Golf, Das Auto.
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline steve17

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2013, 17:04 »
Thanks mate,

Yes after driving an A Class, V40, 120D X-Drive and briefly a 1.4 GT Golf and 2.0 diesel GT back to back the Golf was better in almost every way except one......
The wife put it last in the looks stake  :rolleyes:   and it's for her!
Fortunately she liked the look of the GTi/GTD so back again for a drive in the GTD and she, and I were sold.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2013, 17:55 »
Steve: Did you get a decent deal from Benfield (Scotswood Rd, not Silverlink, I presume?)?

They were a bit tight with me,especially with a proposed variable/depreciating part-ex price depending upon when they could deliver and offering 3% discount. I went to uni with one of the sales managers (Mark Hawkridge) and even he couldn't do much for me. I've bought from there before (Jenny Dixon), but Pulman were about £1600 better off between freebies/discount and part-ex price.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline steve17

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2013, 19:27 »
Steve: Did you get a decent deal from Benfield (Scotswood Rd, not Silverlink, I presume?)?

They were a bit tight with me,especially with a proposed variable/depreciating part-ex price depending upon when they could deliver and offering 3% discount. I went to uni with one of the sales managers (Mark Hawkridge) and even he couldn't do much for me. I've bought from there before (Jenny Dixon), but Pulman were about £1600 better off between freebies/discount and part-ex price.

Yes very good. Went to Silverlink first as I've previously bought a new GTi from them. Offered 6.5% with no part ex and despite trying to push for more I ended up leaving. I was armed with a Drive the Deal quote (12%) and Carfile (9.1%) so headed off to Scotswood. I guess it was right place right time as they got very near to what I wanted and beat Carfile. Close enough to not warrant any broker risk or hassle of going hundreds of miles to collect.

I drove the demo at Silverlink and was amazed at the ride quality even on 19's. Very impressive car and hard to know what could be improved. Ordered a 5 door manual in carbon grey. Only options are basic sat nav, winter pack and keyless thing. It's the wife's car but I get to drive it at weekends so can't wait.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 November 2013, 12:33 »
I believe 'Titan black' is the (plastic) trim colour and nothing to do with the upholstery specifically...

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2013, 17:02 »
According to the online tracker, my car is being built and will be with the dealers in 4 weeks. Just checked with the dealership and that is incorrect - currently scheduled to be built week commencing the 13th January.

It seems that the system can be either optimistic or pessimistic!

Golf GTD Mk VII | DBP | DSG | Discover Nav

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2013, 20:49 »
There's a thread on the main forum about this.  Looks like the tracker is a bit screwed up at the moment.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2013, 10:35 »
There's a thread on the main forum about this.  Looks like the tracker is a bit screwed up at the moment.

Cheers - I could see that it had been a bit funny in the past and slow. Shame as I thought that they had brought my build forward by about 5 weeks!
Golf GTD Mk VII | DBP | DSG | Discover Nav

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2013, 11:41 »
I believe 'Titan black' is the (plastic) trim colour and nothing to do with the upholstery specifically...

The Titan black refers to the upholstery on the door trim & roof lining
I questioned this when i ordered mine back in May

:smiley: