Author Topic: GTi TCR Good Investment?  (Read 5282 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTi TCR Good Investment?
« Reply #20 on: 12 May 2022, 13:04 »
This is the one he's going for, got it for £33k, its got such a huge rare spec ive never seen before

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205045319269?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars
huge spec? Performance pack, leather and sunroof are the options the rest is standard spec. Looks nice never the less but majority of adverts say huge spec as sellers don't seem to have a clue the standard spec is so good.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2022, 13:19 »
This is the one he's going for, got it for £33k, its got such a huge rare spec ive never seen before

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205045319269?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars
huge spec? Performance pack, leather and sunroof are the options the rest is standard spec. Looks nice never the less but majority of adverts say huge spec as sellers don't seem to have a clue the standard spec is so good.

You show me a TCR with leather, roof and performance pack then other than that one!

MK7 GTi

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 12 May 2022, 15:10 »
Looks great jaceyboy, your brother should love it!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 12 May 2022, 16:06 »

You show me a TCR with leather, roof and performance pack then other than that one!

Is DCC standard on the TCR??

I love how they don't list the leather as an option, but its in the photos  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Lets hope the sunroof surround doesn't crack... tell him to watch out for that.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2022, 17:03 »
You can't go wrong buying from APS, very professional,  Ed has purchased 2 Golfs from me in last year or so.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2022, 17:05 »
You can't go wrong buying from APS, very professional,  Ed has purchased 2 Golfs from me in last year or so.

One comment I will make is the pic of the Tyre in that add is different to the other ones fitted, they should be the N0 Porsche spec tyres, that one pictured isn't.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2022, 17:06 »

One comment I will make is the pic of the Tyre in that add is different to the other ones fitted, they should be the N0 Porsche spec tyres, that one pictured isn't.

Looks like NSF tyre.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2022, 06:24 »

If your brother is looking at a TCR as an alternate asset class, he's thinking about it wrong. There are probably two markets - enthusiasts and collectors. The APS car looks great but it doesn't work for either market IMHO. Limited production is a part of the picture but not the only part.

If you consider the enthusiast market who will most likely be the audience for this car, they're going to be looking for something that represents the unique proposition of the car. Leather seats remove the aesthetic that was unique to the TCR and it came in Pure Grey exclusively, this car is black. Sunroof? We all know what mass high in a vehicle does to dynamics for a car that's supposed to be 'race car'. It has Pretoria wheels, not Reifnitz which came as part of the TCR package. A collector will want an example of the type of which this is not.

It's a lovely car but the TCR connection is largely fraudulent and marketing gimmick. I think the 7 CS / CSS and 7.5 TCR will be the most sought after models in future because they represent a high water mark. I don't know if I would say that the TCR would carry a premium but maybe 'more desirable' or 'top end of the market' are probably more realistic terms to set expectations. Rising tide lifts all boats and the current production situation coupled with dealers inflating prices means it's not an ideal time.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 13 May 2022, 06:34 »
Nice looking for sure but it doesn’t stand out as a TCR, for most it will just look like a gti

If I wanted a better chance of it being worth more somewhere down the line I would look to align to what makes it special as mentioned above:

Pure grey 
Reifnitz  (comes with dcc and top speed)
Interior cloth
Akra exhaust

Non of this makes it a better car, but could help down the line as these options define more than anything what the tcr is, to me at least.

Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 13 May 2022, 07:40 »
Nice looking for sure but it doesn’t stand out as a TCR, for most it will just look like a gti

If I wanted a better chance of it being worth more somewhere down the line I would look to align to what makes it special as mentioned above:

Pure grey 
Reifnitz  (comes with dcc and top speed)
Interior cloth
Akra exhaust

Non of this makes it a better car, but could help down the line as these options define more than anything what the tcr is, to me at least.

I have a very early car and it didn't have the Akra exhaust otherwise all of the above are ticked. This makes it more exclusive and worth a massive premium.  :grin:

On a practical level, I think the fabric seats hold up better and look fresher. I've seen some leather seats which have brought down the feel of a car through use. I was helping a mate find a CS and eventually an R, made a big difference perceptually to me at least.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR