Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 556127 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1220 on: 09 July 2017, 13:14 »
^^ Looking great, I really like Night Blue, understated and classy. Gtechniq C2v3 is very good as a sealant on glass then I just use Autoglym Fast Glass for regular cleaning.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1221 on: 09 July 2017, 13:45 »
Gave it another clean today, I still need to do the windows because the Done & Dusted isn't the best on glass.

Looks superb in the sun.  Gorgeous!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1222 on: 09 July 2017, 13:53 »
Washed it.  Last done two weeks ago and a fair bit of summer detritus on it.  Hot out there today with the full sun.  Usual double pre-wash with VP Advanced snow foam and VP Citrus pre wash.  Wheels washed and 2 bucket wash.  Dried, then all glass done with with Obsessive Detail Glass Cleaner and sealed with OD Rain Repellent sealant, bar the windscreen which got Gtechniq C2 as did the wheels. Tyres dressed with Achem Hi Shine and tailpipes usual Mother Mag & Aluminum treatment.

All done.

A bit of DBP flake in the sun

« Last Edit: 09 July 2017, 14:09 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1223 on: 09 July 2017, 16:39 »
^^ Those reflections are so sharp, beautiful! So, how far down the exhaust do you clean? (Imagining you with a 6' long flexible pad with metal polish on....) :shocked: :laugh: I've really got to step it up a level....or three.

Serious question now, do you give inside the filler cap a thorough going over? I was eyeing it up the other day for a go with some trim cleaner but thought perhaps that's going too far? I do give it a wipe over and dry so it's fairly tidy in there.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1224 on: 09 July 2017, 16:42 »
^^ Looking great, I really like Night Blue, understated and classy. Gtechniq C2v3 is very good as a sealant on glass then I just use Autoglym Fast Glass for regular cleaning.

Thanks, yeah my favourite colour and also one that you don't see too often. The Detailer did put something on the windows because the water still beads off it. I just need to give them a wipe over to get rid of the smears on the out side with ValetPro glass cleaner I got. I ran out of time yesterday to do it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1225 on: 09 July 2017, 16:45 »
Gave it another clean today, I still need to do the windows because the Done & Dusted isn't the best on glass.

Looks superb in the sun.  Gorgeous!

Thanks, but looking at yours makes mine look dirty.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1226 on: 09 July 2017, 16:47 »
^^ Those reflections are so sharp, beautiful! So, how far down the exhaust do you clean? (Imagining you with a 6' long flexible pad with metal polish on....) :shocked: :laugh: I've really got to step it up a level....or three.

Serious question now, do you give inside the filler cap a thorough going over? I was eyeing it up the other day for a go with some trim cleaner but thought perhaps that's going too far? I do give it a wipe over and dry so it's fairly tidy in there.

I clean mine. Can you go too far?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1227 on: 09 July 2017, 17:00 »

Haha!  I use a long handled big wheel woolie on the tailpipes, takes care of it all.   

Yes of course the filler cap gets attention, it goes without saying.  :laugh:  Aerospace 303 is its friend.  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1228 on: 09 July 2017, 17:01 »

I clean mine. Can you go too far?

Depends what your definition of clean is  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1229 on: 09 July 2017, 17:01 »
Washed it.  Last done two weeks ago and a fair bit of summer detritus on it.  Hot out there today with the full sun.  Usual double pre-wash with VP Advanced snow foam and VP Citrus pre wash.  Wheels washed and 2 bucket wash.  Dried, then all glass done with with Obsessive Detail Glass Cleaner and sealed with OD Rain Repellent sealant, bar the windscreen which got Gtechniq C2 as did the wheels. Tyres dressed with Achem Hi Shine and tailpipes usual Mother Mag & Aluminum treatment.

All done.

If you dont mind me saying the reflective qualities of your bodywork are truly amazing!!  :laugh: looks fantastic........I tried PA lance yesterday along with 2 bucket clean for first time, not only do my foaming skills need serious improvement but remembering to go to the right bucket when was also challenging....yes I know there's only 2  :whistle: