Author Topic: why????????  (Read 5947 times)

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
Re: why????????
« Reply #90 on: 27 July 2011, 21:52 »
Cheers wayne! Nice 1!

You don't know where the best place to get all the timing bitss from is do you?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #91 on: 27 July 2011, 22:14 »
Cheers wayne! Nice 1!

You don't know where the best place to get all the timing bitss from is do you?

Sit down and then ring VW, genuine is best :afro:

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #92 on: 28 July 2011, 09:27 »
Cool, I hope it don't sting me in the arse!!

Do the guides come part of the timing kit or not??

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #93 on: 28 July 2011, 09:29 »
Cool, I hope it don't sting me in the arse!!

Do the guides come part of the timing kit or not??

Yes I think you can get a complete kit, guides are a different design now.

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #94 on: 28 July 2011, 10:40 »
Cool mate, I hope the price aint extortionate

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #95 on: 28 July 2011, 18:38 »
who you with tweed? as my 8v is 400, 26, 9years driving, 7yrs ncb no convictions or anything!!!

admiral dude. I'm 24 driving 7 years and 4years no claims. When I had my gti 16v it was £265 for the year fall comp. for some reason I'v always had cheap insurance.
First car was a black 106 gti and insurance was £1000. thats cheap at 18 and first car lol

I got a quote for evo 5 and that was £1500 about 3 years ago lol

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #96 on: 28 July 2011, 19:04 »
who you with tweed? as my 8v is 400, 26, 9years driving, 7yrs ncb no convictions or anything!!!

admiral dude. I'm 24 driving 7 years and 4years no claims. When I had my gti 16v it was £265 for the year fall comp. for some reason I'v always had cheap insurance.
First car was a black 106 gti and insurance was £1000. thats cheap at 18 and first car lol

I got a quote for evo 5 and that was £1500 about 3 years ago lol

see im with admiral too, this year they put my insurance up 200 notes the bastids! and they refuse to insure me if i put the vr lump in mine, so i have been on fone to em saying they need to change their ways as i have not modified the engine its standard just not what the car came with lol

fingers crossed

also, iv just run an insurance quote on an already vr6 and guess what £395 where is the extra £500 comin from? :angry:
« Last Edit: 28 July 2011, 19:12 by dansmk3 »

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #97 on: 28 July 2011, 19:30 »
If the dvla change the log book to say its now a vr6 then dosn't that mean you can insure it as a vr6 if you do an insurance quote for a vr6 and then at the end give them your reg it will be the same. If they then turn around and say its not a vr6 its came up as a gti you then say no its on the log book as a vr6 maybe i don't know if not could always buy a vr6 instead  :undecided:

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #98 on: 28 July 2011, 19:44 »
If the dvla change the log book to say its now a vr6 then dosn't that mean you can insure it as a vr6 if you do an insurance quote for a vr6 and then at the end give them your reg it will be the same. If they then turn around and say its not a vr6 its came up as a gti you then say no its on the log book as a vr6 maybe i don't know if not could always buy a vr6 instead  :undecided:

exactly my thinking mate!!! as its just an engine swap if logbook says vr6 i dont have to declare anything!! if i then supercharge etc etc etc then yes i would have to declare!!! im going to keep my fingers crossed for this mate. if they dont accept this shows how corrupt insurance companies are at just wanting your cash when living aint exactly cheap atm, neither is petrol, or road tax and then getting stung by insurance?? i think not loooool

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #99 on: 28 July 2011, 22:11 »
logbook wont say VR6 tho coz its still a GTI or whatever it is

believe me coz im just sorting my V5 out now with DVLA and im having to send them the paperwork i got with my new engine to prove its capacity and also the engine number (not code)

but it will still be a GTI on the logbook and not a S3

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/