Author Topic: Nav/dvd/media/bluetooth etc aftermarket stereos, what are they like??  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Kevolution

• Not said much yet
Hi i am looking at this unit in particular for my mk4;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260828379429&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone got any experience with these or know what they are like? They look like they have a great spec and if its works and works well, with a good quality screen and descent touch screen i would be really interested in buying one. Are they hard to fit, do they work, are they realible? Any help or advice will be much appreciated :) Cheers guys!

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
There are a few versions, one I saw looked OEM, I think they stick out of the dash a bit though from pics I've seen, wiring should be pretty much plug n play with the ISO's, I can't vouch for quality or anything.. I'm interested to know also if they are any good.

Offline majormajor

• Not said much yet
  • 2002 GTi Turbo 5 door
I've sent a question to the seller re "sticking out of the dash".

I'll let you know the reply... :smiley: :smiley:

Offline majormajor

• Not said much yet
  • 2002 GTi Turbo 5 door
The guy says it will fit perfectly :wink:

Offline joe skandal

• Not said much yet
We had a pioneer f930 in our rocco, which dropped right into the hole of the rcd510. Perfect
-Joe

Turn on, tune in, drop out..!

Offline Marlowe

• Not said much yet
Got a Waywell WD6050 which I had in my mk5 on sale on ebay atm - found it pretty good, although imo the glossy screen wasn't brilliant in strong sunlight. Was a straight drop in replacement for the RCD300 - looked like a OEM nav.

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
interface looks cheap. its not even branded.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline damien010685

• I live here
interface looks cheap. its not even branded.

I think he is looking for a cheaper alternative to a brand!