Author Topic: gavL - mk2 8v  (Read 3227 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
gavL - mk2 8v
« on: 31 January 2008, 13:43 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline gavL

• Here all the time
Re: gavL - mk2 8v
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2008, 19:45 »
Cheers JV :)

So the mammoth plan behind the Mk2 has started good bye money. Hello amazingly nice car.

Sunday 27th January 2008

Purchased One Golf GTi Mk2 8v, Running 135bhp from a Current RR print out for the price of £1,050.
This came with a Toad Alarm and Immobiliser, Gas Flowed Head, Fast Road Cams and a hell of a lot of receipts from previous jobs and parts. Drove back from Nottingham to Durham with some horrible wheel judder and a lot of cursing from my self, the shake from the steering wheel was a tad bad.

Pictures of when I picked it up:

Saturday 2nd February 2008

Due to me being bone idle at the moment I got the wonderful people at MB Motor sport (http://www.durhamdubs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=509) to do some work New Rear Callipers, New Rear Pads, New Gear Linkage.

So after the work was completed, I now have a working hand break, all around breaking and finally a 5th gear I can actually access. *celebrates*

More pictures will be coming up. Future plans currently go as far as: Flushing all systems and filter changes, new power steering pump, new fan belt and giving all the bumpers and thorough go over with a heat gun to bring them back to life.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2008, 19:47 by gavL »
| DubNorthEast |

Offline gavL

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2008, 19:23 »
Friday 8th February 2008

• Gear box problem with 5th is Diagnosed a new Selector unit is going to be found next week.
  • The dreaded 2nd Gear Crunch is rearing its ugly head when the Gear Box oil is cold.
  • A large amount of cleaning under the arches and the engine bay is under way, mainly cleaning out the arches first.
  • Looking into new big bumper set to get the texture back and mainly the colour.

Fair amount of work to be done over the next couple of weeks.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 08 February 2008, 19:25 by gavL »
| DubNorthEast |

Offline gavL

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2008, 15:34 »
Thursday 21st February 2008

Wiper stalk was found to be a bodge job. Looking for a replacment ASAP as the car is un-drivable as such. Hopefully someone has one for sale or Euro Car Parts :)
| DubNorthEast |