Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285618 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3030 on: 04 March 2012, 19:29 »
Anybody else thinking that Red Bull are starting to panic, for the last 2 days of testing they have introduced new chassis, new exhaust system and layout, a totally new aero concept plus a new front and rear wing.

With the problems they have had today I wondered if they have cocked up, with so little running, it does make you think was this planned or is it panic measures.

Interesting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYegRmEx2_w -  see how quickly they run out to cover / hide the car.

« Last Edit: 04 March 2012, 19:41 by Wayne »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3031 on: 04 March 2012, 19:40 »
Nice fine Wayne!

I somehow doubt that redbull are panicking, surely they have it all under control but perhaps are just pushed for time?...I need to get upto speed with it all before the start of the season!  :smiley:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3033 on: 04 March 2012, 19:57 »
No...I just think that they introduced parts at the end of testing so it doesn't give teams the chance to copy and test "special" bits on the RB before the first GP. The same as Merc testing their car later than the front runners.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3034 on: 04 March 2012, 23:15 »
No...I just think that they introduced parts at the end of testing so it doesn't give teams the chance to copy and test "special" bits on the RB before the first GP. The same as Merc testing their car later than the front runners.

Respect that but 2 days to test major changes seems to daft to me, even more so when they lost most of today with problems.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3035 on: 05 March 2012, 08:53 »

Respect that but 2 days to test major changes seems to daft to me, even more so when they lost most of today with problems.

Equally McLaren were in a similar position last year when they tested their radical exhaust design and then had to re-work it

It's just the nature of the sport; these guys spend months testing various concepts in the wind tunnel before putting them on the car.  Stuff doesn't always work; look at the cockup Ferrari made last year with their wind tunnel calculations.

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3036 on: 05 March 2012, 21:31 »
think i may put a tenner on a mclaren 1-2 finnish in oz!  :cool:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #3037 on: 05 March 2012, 23:26 »
think i may put a tenner on a mclaren 1-2 finnish in oz!  :cool:

By the sounds of speculation in the paddock Mclaren look like there going to walk the season!

Red Bull panicing and facing performance issues, Ferrari "not going to be on the podium" and the only other interesting looking team is Lotus that hasnt had much coverage despite setting a few fastest laps (whether this is media bull s*** or not)

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3038 on: 05 March 2012, 23:58 »
New HRT looks the business I think! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97856

I predict Button-Hamilton-Vettel in Oz.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3039 on: 06 March 2012, 00:05 »
Random they didn't send de la rosa out to shake it down?
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!