Author Topic: HOW TO: Retrofit an RNS510 Sat Nav System.  (Read 151622 times)

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: HOW TO: Retrofit an RNS510 Sat Nav System.
« Reply #20 on: 15 March 2012, 22:16 »
Hi guys. Just picked up a 60 plate 5 door GTD with the information bit in the binnacle (not sure if that was standard) I have ordered an RNS 510 and gps reciever which should arrive tomorrow. What exactly will I need to get coded or will I be lucky and find everything works????

It should work but there may be some features, like MFD nav directions, which don't work. Where are you located? Perhaps you can find someone local with VAG COM to code everything up correctly?

Offline finnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2012, 18:24 »
Received it a few days ago and finally fitted it. All good and all seems to be working, will go for a drive after dinner to check functions but looks good so far

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2012, 09:38 »
Received it a few days ago and finally fitted it. All good and all seems to be working, will go for a drive after dinner to check functions but looks good so far

How did you get on? All okay?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline finnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2012, 11:03 »
Went out for a quick run around town and it all seems good, directions to the local hospital were correct. Sound is good, radion spot on and full postcode search works fine. Didn't try the voice control as I dont have bluetooth phone control so I wont have a mic in the car so no point trying. The only thing i can see that doesn't work is the mfd display. If I hadn't read that on here i wouldn't have known about it anyway so for all I know I am missing more but I dont actually know what!!!!!. My BMW doesn't have anything similar so I'm not going to miss it.

To say I am delighted is an understatement alright!!!!

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 April 2012, 21:27 »
Photos back online after being missing for about 6 months  :rolleyes:
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline dato

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2012, 11:35 »
Just registered, especialy to say Big Thanks for this thread.
Great work guys, thank You :)

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 July 2012, 21:02 »
Just registered, especialy to say Big Thanks for this thread.
Great work guys, thank You :)

Glad it helped!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Rob1

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 04 February 2013, 20:58 »
Hi all firstly I will say hello as I am new to the forum and this is my first post. My question is apart the from the units which are sold on ebay, have most of you guy's bought new unused units?
Thanks

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #28 on: 05 February 2013, 00:02 »
Hi Rob and welcome.  :smiley:

I bought mine off a guy on here (N13KKF) as quite a few have either from Nick or a couple of the other guys who used to get these units.

Don't see many on here these days unless its someone who is trading their car in and returning it to stock and selling their mods.

Offline Rob1

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 07 February 2013, 05:35 »
Ok thanks mate