Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 436577 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1870 on: 19 January 2011, 14:08 »
Wish i knew where you was getting the £ :( cant wait to see the arches done and looknig forward to a fresh colour on the wheels ;) still unsure on what to do the steelies when their banded, so tempted to go pink again but i'm thinking blue will look pretty fresh!

Not sure if i'm going to make it in feb :( too much work to do and too little £ got £120 tax to pay for at the end of this month on a car that does move :D

Dan

Well I'm usually skint and I spend my money on nothing else. I'm better than I used to be, used to have bank charges like a muthaf**kin phone contract muthaf**ker!

I can't deal with the polish anymore, and I don't even like it when its shiny. Painted dish ftw. It's going to be a rattle can job again, but I'm going to add a twist to it, not 100% sure what yet, but it'll be different.

Bummer, would be great if you could make it, but money is a very valid excuse :D I'm trying to get more peeps to ride with me, pay for the fuel init :cool:

:D same, -£1000 overdraft sucks ass! Too right, rattle can & painted lips ftw! I know dudeeeee, wish i could of made it need to get a read out of what it's running anyway :( but will probs see you at UD?

Dan

Will try and make it to UD, all depends on $$$ :D

What? What you expect me to say?? :D

We need diesels :D my mate just got a 9n 1.4 TDi and it pulls well for a 1.4 & diesel and putting his foot down he was getting 60mpg :cry:

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1871 on: 19 January 2011, 14:28 »
Yep, same my friend who had a Leon Cupra went diesel cause of the fuel prices. He got a Leon again but the diesel equivalent to the Cupra. Awesome on diesel, think he got like 40mpg, when flat out (***mph) :D

I'm like "Yes, f**king 30mpg!!! Woop woop!!" Then get shot down by others saying how sh!t their car is on fuel, "Booo, I only got 40mpg today."

I'm like "ONLY!!! ONLY 40mpg!!!"

Looks like me and Stu will be doing my arches later, can't get ahold of this dude :( He hammer's them out, no filler work, nice and smooth.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1872 on: 19 January 2011, 14:54 »
Yep, same my friend who had a Leon Cupra went diesel cause of the fuel prices. He got a Leon again but the diesel equivalent to the Cupra. Awesome on diesel, think he got like 40mpg, when flat out (***mph) :D

I'm like "Yes, f**king 30mpg!!! Woop woop!!" Then get shot down by others saying how sh!t their car is on fuel, "Booo, I only got 40mpg today."

Looks like me and Stu will be doing my arches later, can't get ahold of this dude :( He hammer's them out, no filler work, nice and smooth.

:D same, my mates got a cupra diesel with a de-cat and mapped and it's hitting 220bhp and the torue is insanee! I'm used to sh!t mpg, my 1.4 was running like 15-20 :D it was only running on 3 cylinders and was just generally awful, i'm just not looking forward to driving to newquay in summer and i'm stopping every hour for petrol stops and he mans it out the full way :( and edition.. and UD.. and Vw Fest.. pfft spend more on petrol then on my car!

and yess! this thread has been too long without pictures, sort it out ;) :kiss:

Dan

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1873 on: 19 January 2011, 15:02 »
Cupra diesels are great. The friend of mine that died in a car crash had one, remapped, air filter and decatted. It too had about 220hp and insane torque, and he used to get 35mph at the very very worst!

It's a shame I didn't try it out, he gave me the chance to shortly before he died but I didn't take it, I told him soon though  :sad:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1874 on: 19 January 2011, 15:03 »

:D same, my mates got a cupra diesel with a de-cat and mapped and it's hitting 220bhp and the torue is insanee! I'm used to sh!t mpg, my 1.4 was running like 15-20 :D it was only running on 3 cylinders and was just generally awful, i'm just not looking forward to driving to newquay in summer and i'm stopping every hour for petrol stops and he mans it out the full way :( and edition.. and UD.. and Vw Fest.. pfft spend more on petrol then on my car!

and yess! this thread has been too long without pictures, sort it out ;) :kiss:

Dan

Sweet, yeah I use a lot of most of money on my car and most of that is fuel :D

Pics, we'll I'll try! I got no camera and I lost my Satio which had the camera I used as my camera :D

RTTS?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1875 on: 19 January 2011, 15:04 »
Cupra diesels are great. The friend of mine that died in a car crash had one, remapped, air filter and decatted. It too had about 220hp and insane torque, and he used to get 35mph at the very very worst!

It's a shame I didn't try it out, he gave me the chance to shortly before he died but I didn't take it, I told him soon though  :sad:

:cool: sound like animal. My mate remapped his at R-Tech. Don't know what its running though.

Sorry about your friend bud.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1876 on: 19 January 2011, 15:14 »
I can report they don't handle trees at 120mph+ very well though  :cry:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1877 on: 19 January 2011, 15:16 »
I can report they don't handle trees at 120mph+ very well though  :cry:

Ahhh, I see :(

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1878 on: 20 January 2011, 08:48 »
Well after a very long sesh last night, we got a lot done. I vowed to never do bodywork again, so Stu did that bit.

Got the rear arches done and they pretty much there, maybe a skim over with stopper by a pro should finish them.

New front wings are fitted and hammered out to where they need to be. We were not going to get the filler out again after doing the F*CKING REAR ARCHES! So I'll leave that to the bodyshop, shouldn't take them long to do.

So the car is looking sweet again, matt black wings and primered arches lol.

Did the steering rack boot and sorted the rear of the nearside sill out. The front one was a little rusty and I couldn't bend/hammer it back into place with the tools I had, so we'll see what the garage do with it come the retest.

Yep, retest today! Just the jacking point that I mentioned above, other than that its all sorted.

When I get it back, it will be going straight to the bodyshop. And if they pull their finger out, I might actually have it back Saturday night looking sweet. Next step will be flat-back and polish, which I'm hoping to do one evening/weekend before the RR day at JKM.

Then I'll be doing the tracking again, playing with the camber last night and doing the steering rack boot sent it out a little.

Can't wait for all the above sh!t to be done. Although, it never ends. I think one of my top mounts has gone :rolleyes:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1879 on: 20 January 2011, 09:00 »
You always have to make things difficult for yourself a!? :grin:

Good luck on the retest! :afro: