Author Topic: How many speakers on standard units?  (Read 807 times)

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
How many speakers on standard units?
« on: 15 January 2009, 12:23 »
How many speaker outs are there on the standard units? 

I've only got 2 on my Beta I think, so was looking at swapping to a Gamma to keep the boot changer.  Then poss amp the rear channels, run 2 speakers to the rear doors and a small sub.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: How many speakers on standard units?
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2009, 12:44 »
how come you've only got a Beta in your 1.8T?  :undecided:

Gamma was standard on those surely

in all honesty go aftermarket and use an iPod / MP3 or USB stick for your tunes - easier, quicker and you'll get a better sound

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2009, 18:53 »
No idea!  It's not a great unit tbh.  Want to keep it standard as I like to be able to leave the car and lock up, not carry the fascia.  Already got a top line flippy out alpine with sat nav in the other car, that ones for mobile discos, this is more a runaround car..

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2009, 13:21 »
As few as possible.

Don't amp the rears, you'll just drag the soundstage to the back of the car. Get some nice comps up front and amp them, it will make a nice difference.

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2009, 16:37 »
I wasn't planning on going that route, because the fronts are already there, so less messing with the std wiring.

I'm assuming the only way to get an amp for a sub, with a standard unit is to use the rear channels - IF the gamma has 4 channels that is?

Else I guess it'd be take the front channels, use them to drive a 4 channel amp and have that run a sub and front speakers?