Author Topic: Whilst sorting the sai pump  (Read 2856 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Whilst sorting the sai pump
« on: 07 May 2010, 23:50 »
As per the title whilst sorting the sai pump tonight gave it a scan on vag-com and the good old 17705 codes appeared again  :sad: so had a look round while under the car and found that the pressure hose to the pancake pipe was covered in oil i cleaned this ages ago and it seems worse now  :sad: so i'm thinking this could be the cause also looks swollen at the bottom jubille clip area where it joins the pipe to the pancake hose had a look on etka and the pipes the best part of £70  :cry: at least so looks like it'll stay put for awhile yet has anybody changed that pipe/hose seems ok but not much room and as far as i can see the top part has like a clip/metal ring fixing and no jubille clip??
help and advise appreciated please
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Whilst sorting the sai pump
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2010, 08:35 »
As per the title whilst sorting the sai pump tonight gave it a scan on vag-com and the good old 17705 codes appeared again  :sad: so had a look round while under the car and found that the pressure hose to the pancake pipe was covered in oil i cleaned this ages ago and it seems worse now  :sad: so i'm thinking this could be the cause also looks swollen at the bottom jubille clip area where it joins the pipe to the pancake hose had a look on etka and the pipes the best part of £70  :cry: at least so looks like it'll stay put for awhile yet has anybody changed that pipe/hose seems ok but not much room and as far as i can see the top part has like a clip/metal ring fixing and no jubille clip??

Dont you have silicone boost hoses? If not get them  :laugh:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2010, 11:02 »

not on those hoses no  :laugh: i'll have a look at forge then  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2010, 11:04 »

Do you mean the main pipe the goes to the pancake from the TB?

Which hoses have you changed to silicone then bud?  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2010, 11:08 »
I think Pat has replaced his with a part from the AGU - something about the fitting being more robust  :undecided:

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2010, 11:48 »
When you say pressure hose, do you mean the one from the stainless pipe to the pancake pipe? the one with the crap o-ring fitment?

If so, I sorted this leak out by removing material from the lugs on the stainless pipe, so that the o-ring sits further in and seals better, then with a bit of jiggerypojery with a small ball-pein bent the lower lugs to "clamp" the pipe tightly into position.

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2010, 13:01 »

Do you mean the main pipe the goes to the pancake from the TB?

Which hoses have you changed to silicone then bud?  :smiley:
no its the one from the metal charge pipe to pancake pipe fitment
silicone ones on mine are the t.i.p and all hoses for vac when i deleted the N249
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2010, 13:05 »
I think Pat has replaced his with a part from the AGU - something about the fitting being more robust  :undecided:
Your correct rhys  :wink: been reading the link you posted about the 17705 and the aum pipe is £65 just for that  :shocked: and he had to mod it to fit from what i understand the agu fitment deletes the 'c' clip fitting that the aum one has  :laugh: and uses jubilee/mikolor clamp fitments but is slightly longer and diff shape hence the modding
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2010, 13:07 »
When you say pressure hose, do you mean the one from the stainless pipe to the pancake pipe? the one with the crap o-ring fitment?

If so, I sorted this leak out by removing material from the lugs on the stainless pipe, so that the o-ring sits further in and seals better, then with a bit of jiggerypojery with a small ball-pein bent the lower lugs to "clamp" the pipe tightly into position.
That's the very  one  :sad:
Agu's have a jubilee fitment on theirs while the Aums have as you say the crappy c-clip/o'ring fitment  :huh:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2010, 13:12 »
After looking into all of this i'm certain my boost leak is from the pipe/hose  :angry: so i have rang vw and ordered up a new pipe

£27ish
andmines leaking from the 'c' clip/o'ring  :cry:

not my pipe tho  :grin: mines a right state  :rolleyes:
so pipe should be collected along with all the clips etc next friday and i gather its a pita to get at so i'l remove the metal charge pipe and fit the new hose this way and fasten from under the car (hopefully) :afro: then see if this clears the 17705  :rolleyes:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU