Author Topic: No Offence  (Read 16369 times)

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
  • 130PD Gti with Van aaken chip to 165 has now gone,
Re:No Offence
« Reply #40 on: 04 April 2004, 17:44 »
pitty its not red....... then it would go faster, cos everyone knows red cars are faster,
Me old diesel was quick/........

16.004 sec Qtr mile @ 85mph 23/5/04 Santa Pod

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............

dub_addicted

« Reply #41 on: 21 April 2004, 22:31 »

Lupo
Cricket (made up new car)
Polo
Golf

LOLLL ;D

Mixologist

« Reply #42 on: 13 May 2004, 22:51 »
MK1 - badass car, love the low slung rear end

MK2 - improvement on the MK1, love this car too, thats why i drive one

MK3 - ewwwwww

MK4 - this one grew on me, looks nice

MK5 - hmmmm. . . . still undecided, dont like the rear lights!!
looks alrite from the front!

i dont think VW will ever quite cut it like they did with mk1&2

Offline wolfrace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 18 May 2004, 16:06 »
You are absolutely right - the rear lights are terrible!
Would have thought they could have come up with better?

I quite liked the Mk4 as soon as I saw it. The mk5 is going to take time I'm afraid! :-\

Offline knighttdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 19 May 2004, 15:49 »
i reckon they're all good cars, cos i've driven them all bar the Mk5, i agree it does look like a Peugeot 307, but if someone gave me one for free i would gladly take it off their hands!!!! ;)

i think the worst golf though is the Mk3, the standard ones are horrific but when they are done up with big wheels, i think they look the biz.
i'm lookin for a Mk1 GTI though as a project car.
There are two types of drivers, those who would like to drive golfs, and there are those who do!

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #45 on: 20 May 2004, 12:57 »
i reckon they're all good cars, cos i've driven them all bar the Mk5, i agree it does look like a Peugeot 307, but if someone gave me one for free i would gladly take it off their hands!!!! ;)

and sell it so i could buy a mk2.

Offline knighttdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 20 May 2004, 13:29 »
lol i had a red Mk2, the best car in west wales, but i saw the guy i sold it to the other day and he took my front fog lights out and pt blanks in, and cut a massive hole in my big gti bumpers to put a tow hitch in. wat a twit
There are two types of drivers, those who would like to drive golfs, and there are those who do!

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2004, 17:33 »
shoot him!!
V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline LostBok

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 22 May 2004, 00:33 »
Well I was after a cabby, so only really had the option of the Mk1 or Mk3... don't anybody pretend there's actually a Mk4 cabby, I'll give you Mk3.5 at a stretch....

Agree the Mk3 is a bit of a barge, but I was after a larger, safer car (ABS, side impact, airbags, etc, etc).... my other options were the old Audi Cab or break the bank and go with the Saab93/AudiA4... so the Golf Mk3 Cab's pretty small and nimble compared to most of those, certainly will be once I've finished the engine mods and suspension.

Plus I always wanted a Golf and this way I'm only breaking the bank slowly!

Still think my next motor is an Audi S4 Cabby... Still not gonna beat my boss's DB7 Volante though :(
LOSTBOK
Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory fitted Xenons, BOSE, and full sports leather "Soul Black / Titanium".
Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, Aero wiper mod.
In progress: 5 x OEM S4/Ronal 'Avus' 18's & 235/45ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-R (bah! wheels delayed until WC 27-JUL-09)
Researching: Colour DIS, Freeview and DAB tuner with iPodvid/PSP/AV in for the RNS-E.

Offline daros

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 22 May 2004, 11:34 »
lol i had a red Mk2, the best car in west wales, but i saw the guy i sold it to the other day and he took my front fog lights out and pt blanks in, and cut a massive hole in my big gti bumpers to put a tow hitch in. wat a twit

Is there a contract out on this guy yet........if not, WHY!!!!!!!

;D ;D