Author Topic: Are you happy with your colour choice?  (Read 10825 times)

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
Are you happy with your colour choice?
« on: 15 September 2013, 10:40 »
I ordered my GTD in carbon grey. However i passed by my dealers yesterday and i saw a GTD in met Blue. It looked stunning.! :cry:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Are you happy with your colour choice?
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2013, 10:57 »
I am over the moon with my colour choice. No available colour i'd rather have. Looks good in all light, doesn't look filthy or dusty immediately.

If the metallic blue you are referring to is night blue, then it is one of those colours that looks amazing in some lighting and not so good in others. I'd have given consideration to something like "Rising blue" on my Roc, or the old R32 blue (which i'm sure will be back for the "R").
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2013, 11:07 »
Aside from the two red demos at my local dealer the only GTD I've seen in the flesh was a Carbon Grey one and it looked stunning. So you won't regret your choice.  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2013, 11:17 »
Thanks... I've not seen it in the flash yet. Hope your right.!

Offline Chris.Air

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2013, 11:31 »
Yea me, I ordered white changed to midnightblue phoned to change back to white and was costing me more money :cry:
So blue it is. This will be my first dark car :shocked:
Chris
Candy White,GTD xeons, f/r parking sensors, 18" charlestons n what Ever else a GTD comes with......

Offline EpicUsername

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2013, 11:35 »
I have to say after seeing a few GTI's/D's in the flesh Carbon is my new colour of choice. It just looks alot smarter than I thought it would.

Andy_cs

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2013, 11:45 »
My current mk6 is Carbon Grey and I really like this colour, looks really good when clean and doesn't look too bad when dirty. I wanted a change for the mk7 and have chosen night blue. I've not seen this colour in the flesh yet so my fingers are crossed :undecided:

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2013, 11:53 »
Is night blue the same blue that was available for the mk6?
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2013, 11:54 »
I think the car looks good in pretty much any of the colours. It's a subjective question because your going to be biased towards your own colour hence it looks its absolute best in white  :grin:

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2013, 14:18 »
I think most of the colours compliment the car really well. The Midnight Blue and the Whites I think look stunning as alternative colours for my personal taste, however I definitely made the right choice for me in Tornado Red  :smiley:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.