Author Topic: ABS and ESP lights on constantly -TDI anni  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: ABS and ESP lights on constantly -TDI anni
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2013, 22:17 »
Thank god for that  :grin: Its needing a new DMF so thats gonna cost could'nt handel the abs pump on top lol

What's the mileage on the car?

Watch out for chocolate cams  :lipsrsealed: :whistle:

The cam has already went a long time ago with the previous owner, was replaced at half cost by vw, unless they can go again I dont have to worry? 138k miles just now went about 70k.

Should be fine as long they were replaced with the revised items  :smiley:

Offline old_n07

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 April 2013, 19:28 »
ABS problems normally self clear and don't need the fault clearing with VCDS, as Rhyso has said we could do with the fault code ideally.

You haven't been doing any work on the steering have you? as having the steering way out of alignment causes ABS faults
Quote from: mikemk4golf
Hey you're a moderator, I want a serious answer not someone who takes the piss!

Grammar is the difference between Helping your Uncle jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.

Not so standard Gt TDi
Cluster Mods FAQ | Miles to Empty Guide

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2013, 19:52 »
Wheel speed sensor faults don't need clearing to get the light off the dash, although the fault will remain logged in the dtc memory as an intermittent/sporadic fault. Driving 20 yards in a straight line is enough to clear the light off the dash. As neil says above if the tracking is out more than about 3 degrees on any wheel it will put the light on, but that usually logs a fault code for the steering angle sensor not a wheel speed sensor.