Author Topic: Auxiliary Heater  (Read 15478 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Auxiliary Heater
« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2011, 22:52 »
I've found the measuring blocks in VCDS for checking the operation of the electric heater but I've left the piece of paper I wrote them down on in work - I'll post them tomorrow  :wink:
That would be good, I can check then if I have it.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2011, 23:09 »
My 2.0 TDI seems to take an eternity to warm up (Only downside of the car) Possibly the coldest car I have ever owned.

In the winter I usually start the car and then come in for a bit. When I go back to it it is still cold. Doesn't usually get hot until a couple of miles up the motorway!!

So I'd guess mine certainly doesn't have an auxiliary heater.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2011, 09:03 »
I've found the measuring blocks in VCDS for checking the operation of the electric heater but I've left the piece of paper I wrote them down on in work - I'll post them tomorrow  :wink:
That would be good, I can check then if I have it.

I did find it then forgot this post  :grin:

I'll do it again Monday  :wink:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2011, 20:08 »
I scanned mine the other day, and I dont have one.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2011, 20:57 »
I'm getting to be tardy  :sad:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2011, 21:00 »

You need a P.A  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2011, 21:09 »

Your right, shame you've not got massive norks and a great ass  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2011, 21:10 »

Your right, shame you've not got massive norks and a great ass  :grin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  That and my commute would be a b!tch!!  :shocked:

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2011, 01:03 »
Yes I found 7D-Aux. Heat on the Comfort/Conv. tab but if you click on it it doesn't find it.

As I've said:
Well this is a strange thing Auxiliary Heater as they are supposed to be fitted to TDI's. I've had arguments on forums over this as I say I can startup on a winter morning and drive up the road then the windscreen starts to mist up slightly. I put the blower on the screen and you can feel warm air coming out now this isn't coolant warm air. Now there is nothing in the handbook that refers to this heater.

When I've had VCDS plugged in and you can do running checks on all components when I try Auxiliary Heater it doesn't come on not found/not fitted. Now this heater should be listed in the Options sticker on the first page of the service schedule. Now there are a few code number for this heater 7E6, 7E7 those number aren't on mine. If you want to read what Option Codes you have on yours you can download the VAG Option Codes or you can go online and write all you codes down in a file so you can copy and paste them into this site VW/Audi/Seat/Å koda Option Codes Decoder I'm sure I've posted this site on here before?

I've also read in ETKA that VW do a different Auxiliary Heater one that burns fuel in its own combustion chamber than tranfers that heat into the cabin.

Auxiliary Heater ???
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2011, 09:18 »
I would of thought they would only be fitted to cars bound for Norway where it gets really really cold.