Author Topic: Tyre Puncture & Tailgate lock  (Read 7402 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Tyre Puncture & Tailgate lock
« on: 30 December 2010, 18:07 »
What does one do when you have a screw in your tyre and you cant get the boot open ? Well this happen to me today, the tail gate lock is broken needs replacing orderd today bloody night mare.

Just to top it off my alloy was scartched fixing the puncture, but the guy who fixed it is my neighbour he's a tyre fitter , I didin't have the balls to say thats just cost you 300 quid mate?? Had to wipe my mouth  :cry:
« Last Edit: 06 January 2011, 19:17 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Tyre Puncture
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2010, 18:11 »
Only guessing here but on my A3 there is a flap inside the boot cover where you can insert you key and manually unlock the car from the inside

You have to drop the back seats down and climb into the boot but it might be worth having a look to see if something similar is on the Golf  :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2010, 19:09 »
I feel for you dude I fecking hate Having my alloys scratched  :evil:

Let's hope you know who doesn't start on rim protection...

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2010, 19:28 »
I had one of mine scratched when my tyres were being fitted. Wasn't happy but then they were only cheap alloys and the tyres were fairly cheap, fitted and balanced for nowt.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2010, 20:39 »
Only guessing here but on my A3 there is a flap inside the boot cover where you can insert you key and manually unlock the car from the inside

You have to drop the back seats down and climb into the boot but it might be worth having a look to see if something similar is on the Golf  :smiley:

Spot again Rhyso its exactly the same mate, got slid the key across just above tailgate lock from inside.

Get it fixed next week  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2010, 20:47 »

Spot again Rhyso its exactly the same mate, got slid the key across just above tailgate lock from inside.

Get it fixed next week  :smiley:

Good guess  :grin: :grin:

What happened to yours? micro switch failed?  :undecided:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2010, 21:01 »
^^Aint got a clue? dealership said he needs replacing under warrenty, got to keep pulling the seat down to get in there. Mrs is PI**ed off can get her shopping in :angry:
« Last Edit: 30 December 2010, 21:48 by Steve30 »

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2010, 21:50 »
Forgot to say the puncture was right on the edge of the tyre 2'' screw, its been patched up inside should be safe? or Will it?  :undecided:

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2011, 18:14 »
I had a nail in my tyre 1" from the edge and they wouldn't repair it as they said it was outside the safe zone, had to get a new tyre.  :cry:

See THIS GUIDE
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2011, 19:16 »
I had a new tailgate lock fitted today under warrenty, its been a nightmare not being able to open the boot. Ive had to do it from the inside, and its not that easy to do ether, brused knuckles from the door coming down on them. Apperantly its a common problem thats happining across the mk6 range :sad: