Author Topic: **Insurance Question**  (Read 1664 times)

Offline mousey

• Just got here
**Insurance Question**
« on: 02 July 2003, 13:16 »
 Just wondering whether any of you have any ideas of insurance companies i could try and also car advise

i have a choice of a renault clio 1.816v (1993) or a 1990 Golf Gti 16v which cars do you think wouold be a all round better car as i do like the golfs as they are quite abit bigger etc! whats the handling like?? 0-60 times etc.

Who are you ppl insured with im 19 20 in a month with 0 no claims! but had no accidents or have any points! The clio 16v is insurance group 12 whats the VW had a quote on the VW for ?4500 with quoteline thought this was ridiculous! hopefully somebody could help me here as a VW is the car i want tjust gopt lots of questions!

Cheers

Jon

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re:**Insurance Question**
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2003, 14:47 »
If I was you I would buy an old golf that you can spend a year doing up, and drive a banger for a year whilst you get that first years no claims under your belt. If you are going to have a prang, odds on it will be in your first year, and the last thing you want to do is put a dent in your pride and joy. :'( This time next year you could have your self a pristine looking golf, that you have done yourself, and you would take more care of it because of the work you have put in. ;D
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline mousey

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2003, 17:15 »
been driving for over 2 years now though want somehting with power!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2003, 17:53 »
You'll get it cheaper than that I can assure you.........they are taking the p1ss and obviously don't want to insure you.
Shop around and search the archives here. There have been a few posts about this in the past.

Obviously no-one here is going to tell you to go for the Clio.