Author Topic: Cat 1 Alarms  (Read 1191 times)

Offline jte

• I live here
Cat 1 Alarms
« on: 19 July 2004, 14:21 »
I've just bought a Toad Cat 1 Ai 606 alarm.

Paid ?320 which includes fitting and total closure relay.

I've heard good things about this alarm.  Has anyone got one/had one.  Have i made a good buy?  (It's not too late to change my mind)

A VR6 isn't a way of life, it's just a car.

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
Re:Cat 1 Alarms
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2004, 22:53 »
an alarm is as only as good as it is fitted. any Cat 1 alarm is going to be good as it has to be assessed in order to achieve that status, the problem is the wannabe hero's who install them, when i bought my cab it had a cat 1 clifford 800 installed by a pro certificate too.

great, the door light didnt work, the carpet was torn on the install as the numpty just ripped the edges. 2 weeks later i switch on my fan hear a pop and smoke from under the column is seen. closer inspection the idiot had wired fuses directly under the steering column with incorrect gauge wire and even stuck bits of wooden pegs in the connectors to keep them in, even the door solonoids were jammed up with carboard to stop em moving.

my advice make sure its a pucka install and theres installation warranty.
You can't polish a turd

Offline madsingh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2004, 15:52 »
thats a good price but make sure u got all the paper work n also the Ceft of Approvel so if anything goes wrong call the geza out to fix it properly.

Toad are good mate had them on his cab, But i got a Laserline on my Honda, Cobra on my Fiesta, now on the golf gona go for a Clifford New G5 series  ;D icluding engine start  ;D cant wait

vwsystems

« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2004, 17:16 »
toad are good......

Offline jte

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2004, 18:07 »
Thanks for the advice, i'll be around to watch the guy install it and i'll be certain to ask for his certification and the details of the fitting warranty.

I got the alarm from car alarms uk.  I'll let everyone know what sort of job they do with the installation as all their prices seem good.
« Last Edit: 25 July 2004, 18:08 by jte »

A VR6 isn't a way of life, it's just a car.

Offline Dragon6

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2004, 19:38 »
I have Toad Ai606`s on both my golfs cost me ?265 fitted with certs etc very pleased with the systems reliable and hassle free..