Author Topic: Insurance as a result of options  (Read 2618 times)

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
Re: Insurance as a result of options
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2010, 10:36 »
My feeling with comparison sites is that along as everything is 'standard' then they'll quote ok.

Once you stray off their worn path [factory options and sadly, unemployment] then they have a problem.

The posts above re going direct to AXA and Aviva are welcome and useful.

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2010, 11:23 »

Have you lot tried one of this lovely forums' sponsors - Greenlight?

I was quoted ~£650 for Male driver 27, 2 yrs NCB, TS10 offence and Female driver 34, 6 Pts.

Some of you that may be more 'mature', or have more no claims should surely do much better than that?
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2010, 13:12 »

Have you lot tried one of this lovely forums' sponsors - Greenlight?

I was quoted ~£650 for Male driver 27, 2 yrs NCB, TS10 offence and Female driver 34, 6 Pts.

Some of you that may be more 'mature', or have more no claims should surely do much better than that?

I am much more mature than that, (over double if you must know) with no points and over 10 years NCB and I got a similar quote from Green light for my GTI (unmodified). Fortunately being older does have some benifits, Saga quoted £330.