Author Topic: 3 year fixed price service plan for £250 question  (Read 6451 times)

Offline simonkit

• GTI forum regular
Re: 3 year fixed price service plan for £250 question
« Reply #20 on: 20 January 2010, 10:19 »
Noticed in the paper this morning that BMW do a 5yr service plan for 250 quid.  Rip off VW or bargain BMW?

And let's not mention the 7 yr warranties from other manufacturers.

I used to own a Hyundai Coupe which came with 5yrs warranty - the only downside was that servicing was £260 per service at cheapest - no deals either.

The VW "used" service plan - £250 for 3 services + MOT + 10% parts discount sounds pretty good to me

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2010, 21:37 »

I used to own a Hyundai Coupe which came with 5yrs warranty - the only downside was that servicing was £260 per service at cheapest - no deals either.

That's pretty cheap.  My old Honda Accord Type R would cost over 350-400 per service easily.  Honda main dealers would be more pricey than Hyundai I guess.  BMW I had after that was brilliant.  I inherited the end of the servicing pack so first service I did cost nothing, then I sold it before the next service when the servcing ran out... cost me nothing in servicing over 2 yrs  :grin:

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #22 on: 20 January 2010, 22:25 »
Anyone priced the services up at VW currently?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #23 on: 24 April 2010, 20:58 »
I took out the 3 year fixed service plan today.
Was told and it says on my forums that its now 90 days from date of registration so some of you may still be able to get it if you want it.

Oh and my local dealer was so much more helpful, friendly and gave me advice on other things i have questions about on my car.
Unlike the unpleasent extremely unhelpful, useless wayside group who my car was supplied by and could not been any less useful or more retarded and piss taking in the past 7 months if they had tried.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2010, 21:07 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline DDRFan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 24 April 2010, 21:35 »
before picking up my new one i remember reading about it on here - i think it's a good deal. i've even heard some lucky punters have negotiated this for free  :undecided: did you promise not to kick the dealer's face in or something?

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2010, 20:25 »
I took out the 3 year fixed service plan today.
Was told and it says on my forums that its now 90 days from date of registration so some of you may still be able to get it if you want it.

Oh and my local dealer was so much more helpful, friendly and gave me advice on other things i have questions about on my car.
Unlike the unpleasent extremely unhelpful, useless wayside group who my car was supplied by and could not been any less useful or more retarded and piss taking in the past 7 months if they had tried.

No doubt you have mentioned it somewhere before but why did you not use your local dealer for purchase of your car

Gizzy
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2010, 20:37 »
The reason was time scale but hindsight is a wonderful thing  :grin:
I wanted an August 09 order slot to beat the September 1st price rise.
I wanted an August order slot so the car would be delivered before the end of December 09 to beat the VAT rise.
They could not do either of these. So i ordered elsewere.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI