Author Topic: The new Golf R 20 Years edition  (Read 15650 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: The new Golf R 20 Years edition
« Reply #40 on: 13 November 2022, 15:24 »
Nah :grin:

MK7 GTi

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 13 November 2022, 17:01 »
Have a white one ordered.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 13 November 2022, 18:41 »

There is always one :shocked: :rolleyes: :grin:

MK7 GTi

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 13 November 2022, 18:47 »
Currently own a MK8 Golf R Performance, and to be honest my personal opinion is I feel Golf R 20 Year, looks a bit halfords.  Personally after driving a auto Golf R MK8 for a while, although its a great car to drive  I am actually tempted to get a manual Golf GTI MK8 next time, as it has a lot going for it i.e. manual gears, sweet spot for performance/cost of living expense, etc,. 

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 13 November 2022, 21:39 »

Good going Sean!
What spec have you opted for, and dare I ask why the R20Y over an RS3 for example?

Currently own a MK8 Golf R Performance, and to be honest my personal opinion is I feel Golf R 20 Year, looks a bit halfords.  Personally after driving a auto Golf R MK8 for a while, although its a great car to drive  I am actually tempted to get a manual Golf GTI MK8 next time, as it has a lot going for it i.e. manual gears, sweet spot for performance/cost of living expense, etc,. 
Great to see you’re still a manual GTI man at heart Brendan  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #45 on: 13 November 2022, 22:12 »
Good going Sean!
What spec have you opted for, and dare I ask why the R20Y over an RS3 for example?

Just a preference for the Golf and to spec an RS3 as I’d want it is a fair bit more money
A45S was another option but again a lot more money
And I wanted a new car not used
At that price point I could have had various used cars to choose from but just preferred to buy new
Plus I got a bit discount on the R20 as I’ve bought a few cars from them
And being limited in number I think it may hold its value better than others
My CSS has spoiled me in that department though
Went for white but I’ll be changing the wheels and blue mirror caps
Pan roof
DCC
Head up display
Rear camera
Voice control
Pro active assist and front and rear airbags
Have also told them if HK becomes available I want that added
« Last Edit: 13 November 2022, 22:18 by Sean G »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 13 November 2022, 22:25 »
Quite a thorough spec, a car like this probably needs quite a bit added for future resale (although personally I’d bare bones spec it), you weren’t tempted to add the Akrapovic then?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #47 on: 13 November 2022, 22:41 »
The Akra would have been a great addition but personally i think they are too much money - if money wasn’t an option then yes I’d have ordered one but I had a set price point for the car and didn’t want to go over that
The other options I choose were more important for me than the exhaust
Plenty of other options for an exhaust for less money should I decide on one later
Plus when you then would sell the car you can put the standard exhaust back on and sell the after market one

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 13 November 2022, 22:53 »
Yes, you do have to draw the line somewhere and the Akrapovic is a hell of a lot of money.
In my eyes I’d rather they skipped the leather and maybe replaced that with an all alcantara seat cloth then fitted the Akra as standard.
There’s obviously a reason they didn’t do that, maybe the leather tombstones are the nearest resemblance to the mk4 R32 Koenig seats visually so they went for a heritage nod there(?) but I’d have countered with the aural experience of the Akra being a nod to the VR6 soundtrack along with the tailpipes on either side which was another mk4 R32 first that flowed down the generations.

Looking forward to hearing about yours when it arrives Sean, it has a lot to live up to after your CSS.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 14 November 2022, 13:19 »
Nice one Sean G, looks really good in white.

I've ordered a blue one with akra, pano, dcc and reversing cam.  Akra is a ridiculous price, but I reckon it will be the sought after extra when re-selling, a bit like the buckets in the Ed40 Clubsport.