Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 109921 times)

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #460 on: 25 June 2022, 17:16 »
So I think the forums views are right and prices are about to change again. The VW configuration I just built for fun (the clubsport for instance). I have just done a quick build on the same specifications and factory extras what I built my 45 with and same colour (with the new performance pack which is essentially the 45 kit without the stickers and some other cosmetic bits). VW won’t give you the price on the configuration at the end and neither monthly cost on the 5.6% finance so you just have to add it up yourself. This comes out £49,570 which is substantially more than I paid for my car. So we are facing some astronomic price increases on top of this quick guesstimates. Order changes may be not be a good proposition!

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #461 on: 25 June 2022, 18:41 »
Here in Ireland 😳

Racing Package for GTI CUP
€ 5,380.00

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust

Scottsdale Alloy wheels 8J x 19

Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic) w/ reduced steering height

Tires 235/35 R19 91Y

Wheel bolts with anti-theft protection (unlockable)

Without speed limiter
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #462 on: 25 June 2022, 18:43 »
Here in Ireland 😳

Racing Package for GTI CUP
€ 5,380.00

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust

Scottsdale Alloy wheels 8J x 19

Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic) w/ reduced steering height

Tires 235/35 R19 91Y

Wheel bolts with anti-theft protection (unlockable)

Without speed limiter

With the price increase, my car with this would cost over 70k Euro
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #463 on: 27 June 2022, 09:47 »
Happy build week to me. However will it get built, half built, or not at all...
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #464 on: 29 June 2022, 11:51 »
So I think the forums views are right and prices are about to change again. The VW configuration I just built for fun (the clubsport for instance). I have just done a quick build on the same specifications and factory extras what I built my 45 with and same colour (with the new performance pack which is essentially the 45 kit without the stickers and some other cosmetic bits). VW won’t give you the price on the configuration at the end and neither monthly cost on the 5.6% finance so you just have to add it up yourself. This comes out £49,570 which is substantially more than I paid for my car. So we are facing some astronomic price increases on top of this quick guesstimates. Order changes may be not be a good proposition!

It’s getting crazy. The insurance have agreed a value of £49,000 for my stolen CS45. I’m happy with that result but it’s absurd to think that’s a true price value. I wouldn’t have paid that for it. To be honest, I’m not sure I’d have paid the list price.

I’m not in the market for a new PCP, but, I presume the 4 year GFV is offsetting much of these increases to keep the monthly payments reasonable?
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Spinkerson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #465 on: 29 June 2022, 17:52 »
I now have a scheduled build week of 29 so hope this goes ahead and I see the car shortly after 😎

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #466 on: 29 June 2022, 18:00 »
Today I received my second update from the dealership since ordering at the end of March 2022. 

Have gone from no news in update one, to update two stating that my car is scheduled to be built in March 2023.  Have replied asking if a specific build week has been assigned.

Update three is apparently going to be in two months' time.  At which I'm sure little will have changed, if anything I'm expecting it to be pushed further into 2023.  :grin:
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #467 on: 05 July 2022, 16:22 »
Today the dealership has advised my car is scheduled for build week 12, 2023.  The Mk6 will be up around the 210k mile mark by then.  :cool:
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #468 on: 23 July 2022, 21:23 »
Well my clubsport is built and on route, currently on status “port of exit” so sitting Emden! 17 months later and I might have it soon
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #469 on: 23 July 2022, 21:54 »
It’s good to see some progress with these builds at long last.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner