Author Topic: Polo GTI hits 25  (Read 3309 times)

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: Polo GTI hits 25
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2023, 11:45 »
The decals and wheels do look good.
Maybe a few hundred will come to the UK, but I’d imagine South Africa will swallow up quite a few sales.

Interesting that VW fit leather as standard to this and the R20 Years yet blab on about sustainability and the removal of animal based trim on various other group models. Alcantara seats and steering wheel would have been nice.

Leather is a very loose term thrown around nowadays will probably be leather effect plastic.

You'd think they'd make an effort with the front bumper at least, it's as aggressive as a polo match!

It’s all about cost management these days. The GTI and GTI ED25 does get upper and lower honeycomb grilles and GTI hex-shaped LED’s in the outer sections of the lower grille to distinguish it as a GTI (apparently those LED’s aren’t fog lights - they automatically illuminate along with the LED light bar in the upper grille when the headlamps are on).

Boo to cost management..
Yes, I can confirm the LEDs do come on with light bar and aren’t fog lights. So it’s a huge display of lights at night when headlights are on. But does mean you can spot other Polo GTIs easily, in the dark.

They are probably saving all the red stripe seatbelts and red stitching…and power and development / compliance costs etc etc for their budget to do the……Golf GTI Edition 50.

(Well that is what I like to think…that VW still have a few surprises left up their sleeve)
« Last Edit: 20 May 2023, 11:46 by AndyGTI »
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2023, 15:00 »
The decals and wheels do look good.
Maybe a few hundred will come to the UK, but I’d imagine South Africa will swallow up quite a few sales.

Interesting that VW fit leather as standard to this and the R20 Years yet blab on about sustainability and the removal of animal based trim on various other group models. Alcantara seats and steering wheel would have been nice.

Leather is a very loose term thrown around nowadays will probably be leather effect plastic.

You'd think they'd make an effort with the front bumper at least, it's as aggressive as a polo match!

It’s all about cost management these days. The GTI and GTI ED25 does get upper and lower honeycomb grilles and GTI hex-shaped LED’s in the outer sections of the lower grille to distinguish it as a GTI (apparently those LED’s aren’t fog lights - they automatically illuminate along with the LED light bar in the upper grille when the headlamps are on).

It's a real shame the polo's have always got penalised for price, but they had some cracking looking ones despite that like the mk3 and mk5.5 but the tech seems to be taking the budget away now.

I still have a want for a mk5.5 polo gti or a mk5 WRC, but it seems more like special editions across the VW range like the Polo 25 and Golf 45, R20 are the equivalent as a standard car with aftermarket wheels, than what the earlier ed25-40 golf's were whilst being massively more expensive.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2023, 13:52 »
The Polo GTI 25 is now on the UK configurator at £31295.
Looks good in Smokey Grey.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner