Author Topic: Best Wheel Cleaner for Diamond Cut  (Read 5662 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Best Wheel Cleaner for Diamond Cut
« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2012, 21:55 »
i did 3 coats of BP's wheel sealant the day i got the car and i top up another 2x coats every 1000 miles or so and so far my wheels have been ridiculously easy to keep clean. the crap literally slides off with car shampoo and a mit.

the main problem I've found with monza shadows is they seem to get stone chips due to their large flat spokes  :angry:

also once I've washed and dried the car i drive it round the block a few times to dry the brakes off and the wheels and callipers get absolutely covered with rusty brake dust so i need to wipe them down again. it doesnt show on the silver but does on the gloss black parts :angry: :angry: :angry:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

MonkeyP

« Reply #21 on: 01 July 2012, 10:34 »
i did 3 coats of BP's wheel sealant the day i got the car and i top up another 2x coats every 1000 miles or so and so far my wheels have been ridiculously easy to keep clean. the crap literally slides off with car shampoo and a mit.

the main problem I've found with monza shadows is they seem to get stone chips due to their large flat spokes  :angry:

also once I've washed and dried the car i drive it round the block a few times to dry the brakes off and the wheels and callipers get absolutely covered with rusty brake dust so i need to wipe them down again. it doesnt show on the silver but does on the gloss black parts :angry: :angry: :angry:

I agree. i keep getting marks on the wheels from stones. the worst thing is cos the wheels are fairly shiny the slightest of marks really shows up.

will be gettin PB on monday so will be puttin on a few coats asap!

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2012, 11:58 »
slap it on the inside too and it keeps the inside of the wheel rim easy to clean too. gloss black seems to show the dirt easy so looks good to keep the inside of the wheel clean too
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 July 2012, 16:00 »
slap it on the inside too and it keeps the inside of the wheel rim easy to clean too. gloss black seems to show the dirt easy so looks good to keep the inside of the wheel clean too

Did this, and to this day they are still in a showroom condition, I don't venture on to motorways ect that much so the speeds I get up to round these parts arn't that great so I guess this helps too...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 07 July 2012, 23:54 »
I'm looking into getting an alloy cleaner for my monza's too and after reading into different products have decided to go for R222 gel wheel cleaner, it's got good reviews and is PH neutral so won't damage the alloys at all, plus for heavy soiling u can leave it on for up to 2 hours giving the gel time to loosen everything up. Unfort I have just ordered so can't give u a first hand user comment. But worth a look. .....
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 08 July 2012, 07:54 »
I'm looking into getting an alloy cleaner for my monza's too and after reading into different products have decided to go for R222 gel wheel cleaner, it's got good reviews and is PH neutral so won't damage the alloys at all, plus for heavy soiling u can leave it on for up to 2 hours giving the gel time to loosen everything up. Unfort I have just ordered so can't give u a first hand user comment. But worth a look. .....

Let us know how you get on....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather