Author Topic: Detail of my golf  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Detail of my golf
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2012, 22:12 »
how did it go?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2012, 00:15 »
how did it go?
In all honesty... 50% good 50% not so good. Car looks fantastic and like glass almost. However... at the right angle and in bright sunlight there are still a fair few swirls on the paint.

I will reserve judgement until its complete... he has another full day at it tomorrow, so will wait and see. Although he cant be faulted for effort, and the difference between before and after is incredible  :shocked:

I have taken a few pictures... but will post final shots with my digital camera  :cool:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2012, 08:56 »
how did it go?
In all honesty... 50% good 50% not so good. Car looks fantastic and like glass almost. However... at the right angle and in bright sunlight there are still a fair few swirls on the paint.

I will reserve judgement until its complete... he has another full day at it tomorrow, so will wait and see. Although he cant be faulted for effort, and the difference between before and after is incredible  :shocked:

I have taken a few pictures... but will post final shots with my digital camera  :cool:

swirls or RDS (random deep scratches?) - it all depends if you have paid for an enhancement (swirl removal) or correction (full removal)... unfortunately the latter can take hours and hours and hours...

look forward to seeing the finished results - keep a look out for hologramming as that can be as important as the correction itself

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2012, 09:09 »
Have paid for a correction... but the paint seems to suffer from all over swirls and a few scratches which are not very deep. Yesterday was spent using a fairly abbrasive compound, and today will be done with a finer one (?)

followed by seal and wax, inc engine bay and interior. I would imagine he has been away and searched for similar examples online to try find a better solution.... at least I hope he has  :undecided:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2012, 09:22 »
Have paid for a correction... but the paint seems to suffer from all over swirls and a few scratches which are not very deep. Yesterday was spent using a fairly abbrasive compound, and today will be done with a finer one (?)

followed by seal and wax, inc engine bay and interior. I would imagine he has been away and searched for similar examples online to try find a better solution.... at least I hope he has  :undecided:

its typical for a correction to use an abrasive compound and then follow it up with a refinement... although with the abrasive compound you should be removing the swirls and with the refinement you should be removing the last of the swirls, which ironically can be caused by the abrasive compound, and any hologramming

hope it goes well!!  :smiley:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2012, 09:26 »
thanks Guy. Atleast I need know what I am looking out for..... tbf the gent seems to know what he is talking about (from the small amount of information I have gethered from here and DW). Better to just let him crack on with it.

Didnt look anywhere near as bad in floodlit car park last night... but could still see some swirls, so hopefully these will be removed today as you said.  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2012, 11:25 »
thanks Guy. Atleast I need know what I am looking out for..... tbf the gent seems to know what he is talking about (from the small amount of information I have gethered from here and DW). Better to just let him crack on with it.

Didnt look anywhere near as bad in floodlit car park last night... but could still see some swirls, so hopefully these will be removed today as you said.  :smiley:

pics!!!!  :laugh:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2012, 11:38 »
ah yes... coming soon. Only managed some with phone once car was complete (coming soon). Camera battery now fully charged and will pop out later to get some nice shots.  :cool:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Detail of my golf... NOW WITH PICTURES!
« Reply #18 on: 30 March 2012, 11:43 »

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 30 March 2012, 11:55 »
really nice mate  :smiley: