Author Topic: Detail of my golf  (Read 4912 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Detail of my golf
« on: 26 March 2012, 00:31 »
I know I very rarely frequent this part of the forum (and commonly take the pi$$ out of you lots) but my new car seems to have quite a few swirl marks. The rest of the paint work looks in very good condition but figured seeing as its summer etc etc I would book myself a detail.

After nearly having a heart attack at the price... I now have one booked for Wednesday. Anything I should do to prepare myself/car before hand??

Anything I should look out for whilst the car is being worked on??

Thanks in advance  :cool:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Detail of my golf
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2012, 11:05 »
Where/who have you booked it in with? For what sort of detail, ie how thorough?

Providing the detailer is an upstanding member of the detailing world I'd imagine he will do everything in regards to preparing your cars paint before the polishing etc. It will probs take about a day right?

The only thing I can think off it remove everything from the inside of the car so old receipts and car parking ticket won't slow him down  :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2012, 12:12 »
Should come back all shiny!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2012, 14:21 »
Not much in the car to slow him down...

went with http://www.leedsdetailing.co.uk/ in the end. They seem to have some good reviews etc, so will post results on here and recommend if any good  :smiley:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2012, 14:46 »
Looks like a good site, that's always a start. Which package did you go for in the end? The full wet sand  :laugh:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2012, 15:27 »
Looks like a good site, that's always a start. Which package did you go for in the end? The full wet sand  :laugh:

been told its far from requiring a wet sand... but swirls on flat black really do show up in this weather. Didnt go for a package as such, just set the gent a budget and he was very happy to accommodate and told me what to expect.

includes the engine bay and interior also, but would like him to concentrate most of the time on the exterior tbh.

I also know it wont stay that clean for very long... but with the swirls gone it gives me something to work with. :cool:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2012, 12:55 »
How much if you don't mind me asking. A mate of mine has just brought a 3 year old black Bimmer 1 series M Sport that an exterior detail?

Get some pictures up when you get a chance.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2012, 13:05 »
How much if you don't mind me asking. A mate of mine has just brought a 3 year old black Bimmer 1 series M Sport that an exterior detail?

took some before hand but with phone camera so not very good... will get some better ones up when its complete  :cool:

struggling with some of the deeper scratches at the moment.... early days yet though :undecided:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2012, 21:32 »

took some before hand but with phone camera so not very good... will get some better ones up when its complete  :cool:

struggling with some of the deeper scratches at the moment.... early days yet though :undecided:

Not a Blackberry by any chance was it  :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2012, 22:12 »

Not a Blackberry by any chance was it  :grin:

i sure as hell wasnt a sh1tty iphone  :tongue: