Author Topic: Monza Shadows Cleaner  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Monza Shadows Cleaner
« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2011, 17:54 »
you can if you want to spend the money on it and they are all pretty good tbh, friend of mine(full time pro detailer) rates the rimwax,
dodojuice is fine mate but wont last long on the rims tbh but gives a lovely finish, i use 109 or colli 845 then top with any dodo wax to bling it up a bit on the gloss front.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline musicman87

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2011, 19:31 »
stick with that Jim if its working for you, as long as you seal them up and keep on top of them you shouldnt have any probs really.

What sort of sealant should I use?

Thanks agains gents,

Jim

Jim,

You'll catch the bug soon and in no time at all you'll be collecting waxes! I really recommend getting some Chemical Guys Jetseal109. Not only is it great on wheels in its own right, apply it to paintwork in 2 thin coats (leaving to cure for 30-40mins or so) and stick your Light fantastic over the top of it to provide extra protection!

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=78&idcategory=8 - i know its fairly expensive but it really is good stuff and it lasts a long time!

Wheels, I give them a coat of Jetseal109 and then a coat of Swissvax Autobahn which smells like the old Cola Cubes - lovely stuff!

55' Tornado Red 3-Door GTI, Manual, 17" Monza's, Totally original!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2011, 20:31 »
+1 for Jetseal! Great stuff, keeps it beading for longer and i use it on my tailpipes too, give your pipes a good clean with something like autosol (can get this from halfrauds) and a couple of coats of jetseal and now when you clean the car again just give the pipes a wipe and jobs a good un!
So just to recap, you can use JS 109 on your bodywork, wheels and tailpipes, need i say more?  :wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2011, 20:45 »
britemax metal twins blow autosol out of the water for cleaning and polishing metal,

and yes jetseal was designed for use on paint,windows(exept the outer windscreen) and can be used on wheels, a very durable product,
another product to consider for the wheels is fk1000p, very durable product and can withstand high temps before it starts to break down so perfect for rim protection, only downside is its a bit fiddly on removel which puts people off it.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 02 March 2011, 21:02 »
Windows??? Have you tried it ph? Any good?

Jimmymature

« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2011, 22:32 »

Thanks guys, just ordered some JetSeal 109 from Waxamomo, should get it before the weekend.

Cheers,

Jim

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2011, 22:42 »
Windows??? Have you tried it ph? Any good?

yes just make sure you clean the windows well with diluted apc and even clay them if they are rough to the touch before applying it so it bonds better,like it does on your paint/wheels it helps keep them cleaner for longer and protects them from contaminants etc also aids demisting to a point.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2011, 22:52 »
Can you link me to a decent APC please mate?

Jimmy, good man you won't be disappointed! :cool:

Offline musicman87

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2011, 08:24 »
55' Tornado Red 3-Door GTI, Manual, 17" Monza's, Totally original!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 March 2011, 13:26 »
as per musicmans post, unless you can get some Autosmart g101.