Author Topic: What do you do when its lashing it down  (Read 4225 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What do you do when its lashing it down
« Reply #20 on: 13 November 2009, 16:05 »
Why do cars that never get washed never seem to get any dirtier?  :huh:

My cars are always kept clean, waxed and detailed, but after one trip out in the rain round our country roads they are filthy again. I have noticed neighbours cars that never get washed, never look any different. They have flat paint, dull trim and water never beads on them, but they have the same amount of grime on them from one week till the next. It never seem to build up. Maybe the rain does wash the top layer of crap off.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 November 2009, 11:25 »
I stay inside and admire the beading on my car  :grin: :evil:
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2009, 12:20 »
I used to wash my car when it was raining in the sainsburys car wash that was undercover the one with lances etc (not swirling brush type) BUT i would take bucket with shampoo already squirted in it, and wash by hand then lance off with a polish and rinsh cycle and then if not busy which it never was dry it all and do glass and all plastics etc (mine was a big bumper model so lots of plastics lol) used to feel so good driving out with rain beading in all weathers

So find yourself an undercover wash bay and the weather wont stop you but the looks of other motorists might have you looking the other way lol

Dave

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 10 December 2009, 12:37 »
I used to wash my car when it was raining in the sainsburys car wash that was undercover the one with lances etc (not swirling brush type) BUT i would take bucket with shampoo already squirted in it, and wash by hand then lance off with a polish and rinsh cycle and then if not busy which it never was dry it all and do glass and all plastics etc (mine was a big bumper model so lots of plastics lol) used to feel so good driving out with rain beading in all weathers

So find yourself an undercover wash bay and the weather wont stop you but the looks of other motorists might have you looking the other way lol

Dave

I do that :grin: get some right funny looks filling a bucket and then washing it with the washmitt!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08