Author Topic: dodo juice  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Re: dodo juice
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2009, 18:21 »
I think any of the Dodo juice wax's would be good but I have a blue car and I use the purple haze soft wax and it is realy good and very easy to use. Regarding a claying routine, I wash and then clay my car and if you've never used clay before you could try the Megs or Autoglym clay kits which will provide you with everything you need and a resonable end result or you could try Bilt-Hamber Auto clay as it only requires water for lube making it very cost effective and it is a very good clay (There are lots of other types of clay you could use). After claying I would rinse or re-wash the car and then apply my chosen polish which would be followed by a sealer and then a wax but if your pressed for time you could just apply a polish then the wax or the polish and then the sealer, applying the wax at a later date after once again re-washing the car.

This is a decent guide to claying     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI
« Last Edit: 21 August 2009, 18:41 by Uruk Hai »

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2009, 22:41 »
Golf_stu - What Dodo Juice did you buy? The GC Wax should have lasted longer than 2/3 weeks.

Jeynesey - I'd recommend claying once maybe twice a year.
i got the light fantastic  :smiley: i thought it would have lasted but really dissapointed always used megs but gonna see how the dodo juice and jet seal does  :cool:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2009, 23:23 »
just a quick un (oo er missus) is there anythin i should do after washin it to remove old wax before puttin on the dodo juice?

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2009, 00:11 »
claying the car
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2009, 10:37 »
just a quick un (oo er missus) is there anythin i should do after washin it to remove old wax before puttin on the dodo juice?

or use a strong mix of Traffic Film remover and a degreaser like megs APC

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #15 on: 30 August 2009, 23:14 »
cool  :cool:

got round to doing it today and omg what a difference it made especially with the jet seal i actually got it lookin spangly............then it rained but the water beaded off a treat im converted :grin: :grin:

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #16 on: 08 September 2009, 13:27 »

got round to doing it today and omg what a difference it made especially with the jet seal i actually got it lookin spangly............then it rained but the water beaded off a treat im converted :grin: :grin:

its addictive isnt it :grin: ive been doing this for 14yrs now as a job and im loving it more and more :laugh:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2009, 20:20 »

its addictive isnt it :grin: ive been doing this for 14yrs now as a job and im loving it more and more :laugh:

i get very addicted i start by givin it a "quick" wash and then im gone for hours  :cool:

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2009, 00:53 »

i get very addicted i start by givin it a "quick" wash and then im gone for hours  :cool:

yep!!!! same here :grin: i cant resist rewaxing it after i wash it :smiley:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #19 on: 16 September 2009, 20:34 »

yep!!!! same here :grin: i cant resist rewaxing it after i wash it :smiley:

yeah its probably a good thing i aint got a missus at the mo or id be in trouble  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!