Author Topic: any companys that only check convitons in the last 3 years?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
as above strugling to get quotes 22 with 6 points from in10 conviton although it will be 3 years next month but they all ask 5  best quote is 1800 on a 1.0 polo tryed everyonline quote i can find  :cry:  :cry:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Re: any companys that only check convitons in the last 3 years?
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2007, 15:46 »
ouch, your older than me, and get quoted more on a 1.0 polo than me on a 2.0 gti.

There must be someone else. What company quoted that?

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2007, 15:49 »
ouch, your older than me, and get quoted more on a 1.0 polo than me on a 2.0 gti.

There must be someone else. What company quoted that?

confused.com iv tryed so manny companys seriously the last 3 days iv been getting nothing but online quotes and thats the cheapest! its really pissing me off now i simply cant aford to pay nearly £40 a week to insurance a car let alone run it i have rent and food to buy its a joke i really dont know what to do now  :cry:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2007, 15:56 »
What did you get 6 points for? Must be something harsh.

Try a few companies that gave quotes on their own online ones, as places like confused.com dont always give accurate quotes.....

Offline BaxGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2007, 15:59 »
N10 Using a vehicle uninsured against third party risks.

Have you tried actually ringing people? Online quotes are set to certain criteria standards, but you'll probably find if you ring around then they can sort something out for you...

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2007, 16:00 »
6 points  for no insurnace which was for 1 day when i bought a new car iv tryed loads on single online quotes too they are moslty over 2 grand on the 1.0 polo

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2007, 16:02 »
N10 Using a vehicle uninsured against third party risks.

Have you tried actually ringing people? Online quotes are set to certain criteria standards, but you'll probably find if you ring around then they can sort something out for you...

havent rany anyone mate i thought they would just do a simular thing as the online quotes do anway do you think ill find something cheaper ringing ?

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2007, 16:03 »
Yeah, when you use confused, it dont ask al the questions everyone needs, so details are CONFUSED, and so are quotes.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2007, 22:24 »
Yeah, when you use confused, it dont ask al the questions everyone needs, so details are CONFUSED, and so are quotes.

lol that is soooo true  :laugh:. Aggregators like confused/money supermarket etc will only usually ask the bare minimum questions required to calculate a quote and base the rest on assumptions so you often find when you want to proceed there are further questions and additional premiums!

I replied to this thread the other day about claims but the same applies to convictions and could not be bothered to type it out again:

Well as a broker we at HIC ask for 5years history, the majority of our underwriters only require info from the last 3years but a couple ask for 5years hence the question. tbh even if you are asked about 5years its usually unlikely that claims over 3years old will make much, if any difference.

I would just ring around as usual and answer the question that are asked, dont worry about 3/5years etc cos there are so many other factors involved that there is still a very good chance that an insurer who asks for 5years history may still be able to get you a better quote than one who just just asks for 3.

Martin  :smiley:

pm me your number if you want and i will give you a bell tomorrow for a quote

Martin  :smiley: