Author Topic: Can you NOT go through insurance if a 3rd party hits you?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Nothing has happened luckilly but just thought, if someone hits me, the car will be a write off, yes?

15 year old MK3, lowered, exterior body modifications and a fooking stupid backbox.

I wouldn't want it to be written off if say someone dented the bootlid and the rear bumper, I'd just put my spares on and spray 'em up.

But can I legally say, no I don't want to go through insurance (as I then have to declare it as non fault and STILL puts my insurance up) and say can I have some cash.

Or not?

Just wondering, cheers.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline thatwillis

• I live here
Re: Can you NOT go through insurance if a 3rd party hits you?
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2011, 21:28 »
You could talk to the person that hit you and try and get some to give you some cash which would be alot cheaper for them! Then maybe buy a whole new bumper or something.

I was thinking this the other day. (while someone was pissing me off following really close) If they hit me only f**king the bumper rather than go through insurance get them to fork out 5-600 quid for a new bumper and respray. Buy an new line bumper and get sprayed rather than letting an expensive body shop do it  :cool: