Author Topic: Dealer invitation to discuss options  (Read 5427 times)

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
Dealer invitation to discuss options
« on: 21 June 2016, 18:06 »
Hi guys,

I have to appeal to your knowledge/experience in this matter. A chap from my dealership called me just as I was about to leave the office earlier. Was just an invitation to the dealership to discuss some options regarding my car/future car. He also asked me my current mileage/age of the car and if I bought it new and if it's financed.

Question is what should I expect from this meeting from your experience? Also any tips are very welcome.

Cheers.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
Re: Dealer invitation to discuss options
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2016, 18:11 »
He will be trying to sell you a new car. They have possibly got someone who is looking for a car that matches what you have so it's potentially an easy two sales for them.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2016, 18:17 »
That was my thought as well. From what I have read on another forum they are not really jumping out with better offers than what one currently has.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2016, 18:52 »
He might be trying to sell you a car on their books.  I had something quite similar last year.  I was not serious about buying a car at the time neither had I told them I was looking at a Golf R at the time prior to the random phone call.  But I did get a call out of the blue asking me if I were to buy any cars soon what would I be looking at and what options would I theoretically be looking for.  Then after I said I was not looking just yet at getting a car quite happy with what I have got, but would be looking at a oryx white Golf R next in a few years time I received a video of the pure white Golf R they had on their books with a similar spec to the options I would go for.  I then had another few emails and phone calls following the email to see if they could tempt me.   

Your experience sounds like mine.  Just out of interest is the dealership an Inchcape dealership?

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2016, 19:06 »
Thanks for the insight Brenbo. It's my local Listers branch I got my GTI from them.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2016, 00:55 »
Right so went today to see the dealer and as I suspected, they were trying to get me into a new car. We had a look at my car and made an evaluation and an early settlement figure from VWFS. Also had a long discussion about potentially a new GTI similar spec to what I have at the moment but DSG (mine is a manual) and a few extras. Most options I got on mine from 2 years ago (winter pack, keyless, Navi) are standard now. The only extra I have is the PP which is still an option. So the new GTI we were discussing today was DSG with PP, keyless, Navi, Winter pack, Reverse camera, Car Net and 90% tint which RRP comes at £31410.

The deal that they offered me was:

- Cash price for the new car with the spec above around £26k.
- My 2014 manual GTI PP with 23k miles on the clock evaluation was about £17.5k
- Settlement figure was £20k+ (negative equity) so they offered another £3.5k towards VWFS to sort out the current PCP
- £2000 deposit contribution from VW + £500 from the dealer + £350 from customer for new car
- They also offered the first 2 services and Road Assistance in the price + a full tank of fuel
- The monthly payments will be roughly similar to what I currently pay

Car is going to be a September delivery (66 plate) if I decide to place the order.

Does that seem like a good deal?
« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 00:58 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2016, 08:03 »

It's only ever a good deal if you were going to change cars anyway. Would you have taken any notice if Currys had rung you up out of the blue to discuss your options about buying a new washing machine?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2016, 08:47 »
Roadside is standard anyway so that's not exactly a freebie. I wouldn't buy a car unless it comes with a free tank of fuel which in the golf's case is about 55 quid and isn't the service pack free too?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2016, 09:51 »
Right so went today to see the dealer and as I suspected, they were trying to get me into a new car. We had a look at my car and made an evaluation and an early settlement figure from VWFS. Also had a long discussion about potentially a new GTI similar spec to what I have at the moment but DSG (mine is a manual) and a few extras. Most options I got on mine from 2 years ago (winter pack, keyless, Navi) are standard now. The only extra I have is the PP which is still an option. So the new GTI we were discussing today was DSG with PP, keyless, Navi, Winter pack, Reverse camera, Car Net and 90% tint which RRP comes at £31410.

The deal that they offered me was:

- Cash price for the new car with the spec above around £26k.
- My 2014 manual GTI PP with 23k miles on the clock evaluation was about £17.5k
- Settlement figure was £20k+ (negative equity) so they offered another £3.5k towards VWFS to sort out the current PCP
- £2000 deposit contribution from VW + £500 from the dealer + £350 from customer for new car
- They also offered the first 2 services and Road Assistance in the price + a full tank of fuel
- The monthly payments will be roughly similar to what I currently pay

Car is going to be a September delivery (66 plate) if I decide to place the order.

Sounds like a good deal as you will start with another 3 years warranty, 0 miles and if the pound takes a hit against the euro it might actually be your last chance to get a deal like this.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2016, 11:14 »
The monthlies are the same and you're only putting £350 down as a deposit?

What did you put down on the golf you have just now?

New car, 3yr warranty, servicing all for £350?
I'd bite their hand off.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14