Author Topic: got tired of waiting  (Read 4539 times)

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
Re: got tired of waiting
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2016, 22:59 »
Guys will there be a face lift on the Golf R the same time as the S3???
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2016, 23:04 »
I doubt they will facelift the MK7 Golf they will more than likely just release the MK8 in the next few years.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2016, 07:07 »
I didn't realise they were face lifting the A3. No wonder we had so many rumours of Golf face lifts.
Any links to the new look?
The S3 is über stealth, more so than an R however I'm a dyed in the wool saloon car disliker yet a few weeks ago I pulled up at the lights and an S3 (I think that's what it was, it had four tailpipes anyway) saloon went past in front of me in that nice blue colour. That's the first saloon car I've liked the look of since the 1984 Audi 80 Sport.
Sepang  blue is one of the few shades of blue I like on a car.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2016, 09:02 »

Some info HERE, on German site about the MK7 facelift.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2016, 10:26 »

Some info HERE, on German site about the MK7 facelift.

If VW were to make the front end more aggressive, introduce the TFT display as in the mk3 TT and allow you to spec the bucket seats as shown in the clubsport that would definitely rekindle my interest in the R.

They could also do with improving the exhaust note as it's too quiet

Offline baza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 14 March 2016, 17:36 »
i hadn't realised there was to be a face lift, thanks for pointing it out. i think it might give a bit of leverage with the price. carwow deals from audi coventry had 12% discounts on rrp so I'm hoping for something similar from teeside audi

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2016, 17:59 »
Drive the deal looks to be offering discounts north of 15% for a manual hatchback...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 14 March 2016, 18:55 »
Wouldn't be surprised if there is no facelift, straight to the MK8 (which is likely to be a facelift in all but name, like the MK6 was to the MK5). The "new" A3 was out about 8 months before the MK7 Golf, so if the updated A3 is due in May/June 2016, very early 2017 could well see the MK8 Golf. Seems daft to me to facelift a car and then replace it around a year later. The MK5 only lasted 5 years and the MK6 only lasted 4 years, the MK7 will be 4 years old this Autumn.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 14 March 2016, 19:18 »
I think it's pretty nailed on the Golf WON'T be getting a facelift this year. There were no hints of it at Geneva and the CS hasn't even made it into UK spec production yet so they'd hardly facelift a model only a few months into a limited time production.
The A3 facelift was given a definite date earlier in this thread which surprised me - I've not seen anything on my internet travels about it, but then again I pay virtually zero attention to Audi stuff yet spend hours looking at VW nonsense.
The earliest VW would do a facelift would be after the factory changeover period in the summer I'd think and as there's been no official hint at it yet I think it safe to say the board of directors are still too busy looking at legal matters and licking their wounds whilst the accountants will be looking at saving a few cents wherever they can.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner