Author Topic: Updated list of best Phones to use with MK7 ?  (Read 5046 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Updated list of best Phones to use with MK7 ?
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2014, 07:27 »
You must have small hands Jimble  :grin: :grin: Once the phone is connected what do you need to touch it for? I put mine in the overhead storage box and the signal is slightly better too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2014, 07:51 »
TBH, I'm with Jimble here. Phones seems to be getting bigger and bigger and at times it's like people have an ipad mini to their ears  :laugh:

I think size is sometimes an underrated factor when it comes to phones. Everyone seems to want the very latest large OLED, 1080P super doo dah screen on their phone, but it just makes it a bit large. I like to be able to carry my iphone when I'm on site in the breast pocket of my high vis jacket and it fits perfectly, not so sure something like an S4 or the new S5 would.

I've had a bit of a read on the HTC one's that were mentioned earlier and they seem to get rave reviews. Anyone know if the form factor is similar at all to the Iphones ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 27 June 2014, 08:24 »
You must have small hands Jimble  :grin: :grin: Once the phone is connected what do you need to touch it for? I put mine in the overhead storage box and the signal is slightly better too.

Haha! Not particulary but i doubt anyone can reach all four corners of an S4 without some serious hand yoga! :laugh:

I didn't mean when it's connected to the car though i meant in general everyday use, they're nice handsets don't get me wrong but just not for me, i found that because the Android platform is so customisable that nothing was really straight forward, i think if i'd kept it a bit longer i'd have got used to the OS tbh.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 27 June 2014, 11:59 »
I've had a bit of a read on the HTC one's that were mentioned earlier and they seem to get rave reviews. Anyone know if the form factor is similar at all to the Iphones ?

The M8 is a big phone mate. You can fit an iPhone 5s inside it so if you're not a fan it might not be for you. It's a superb phone, class screen, customisable (although that is Android) lightning fast and a superb battery. I came to this phone from an iPhone and don't think I'd get another Apple iPhone.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 27 June 2014, 18:27 »
The s4 fits perfectly on the slidy top of the cup holder bit but also goes in the above head storage unit great too. I must have mahoosive hands then cause I can pinch out and in on the s4 screen no bother.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2014, 20:14 »
The s4 fits perfectly on the slidy top of the cup holder bit but also goes in the above head storage unit great too. I must have mahoosive hands then cause I can pinch out and in on the s4 screen no bother.

You must have big hands! You know what they say about a man with big hands!? :whistle:

Offline Laser1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2014, 20:26 »
Big gloves

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2014, 21:04 »
Big gloves
Yes haha :grin: :grin:

Exactly the reply i was hoping for!!   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline thebear29uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 28 June 2014, 18:30 »
Might be worth hanging on for Iphone 6. Due out in less than 3 months. If Apple follow what the did with the Ipad Air they may bring out a 128gb version. I went the opposite way from a HTC Android to Apple. I wouldn't go back to Android now. The new IOS 8 has some neat features. http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/ios8/?cid=wwa-uk-kwg-features-com.
GTI 3Dr Manual, PP, Pure White, DCC, Dynaudio, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Keyless and High Beam Assist.