Author Topic: New member - With a confession...  (Read 4175 times)

Offline manish

• Not said much yet
New member - With a confession...
« on: 26 March 2014, 13:53 »
Hi Guys,

as the title suggests I am newbie and I have a confession to make. I am actually not a golf owner or not about to become one, but I am part of the VW family. (With me so far I hope).
I have just ordered a new VW CC 2.0TDi GT 177 in Black with a couple of options, Rear View Camera and Interior Ambient Lighting.

That's my confession and now you maybe wondering what am I doing on this forum.
Well, I have been scouring around the web trying to find a decent forum for CC's owners and there are any UK based ones around. Looking at the hustle and bustle of this place, I haven't been able to come off it. Constantly looking new and old posts. The particular page is awesome. I'm at the impatient stage of 5 of 7 on the tracker and my car is showing in transit.
All the threads here have or had people going through the same emotions of the last few days before the car arrives.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting but the forum is fantastic and if you do know any sites that I should look at please do let me know.

Just like the other posts, I had ordered my car on the 17th Jan and got build week commencing 23/03/14 but  for some magical reason on the 22/03/14 I got my text and email update saying car was built and in transit! :laugh:
Since then, no further updates (a few have had 5B or 5C within 48hrs).
So the waiting games begin.

many thanks again

Manish
VW CC  - 2.0TDi GT 177 Pearlescent Black
RVC and Interior Ambient Lighting

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: New member - With a confession...
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2014, 14:20 »
Welcome - the more the merrier!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2014, 14:52 »
Welcome to the forum. I too at am stage 5 (although 5b). You know which port your car is going to?
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2014, 14:53 »
When my mark 6 was in for service I had a cc for the day I was very impressed big car but it could move welcome buddy hope you enjoy it when you get it :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline manish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2014, 16:43 »
Welcome - the more the merrier!!

Thanks Gnasher!

Welcome to the forum. I too at am stage 5 (although 5b). You know which port your car is going to?

Hi Jimmy,  thanks too, no idea about the port mate... might call vw direct to find out.

When my mark 6 was in for service I had a cc for the day I was very impressed big car but it could move welcome buddy hope you enjoy it when you get it :laugh:
cheers Charlie, I test drove one and instantly loved it. The sleek design and rim less doors, huge boot, to mention a few.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2014, 16:55 »
Welcome mate.

I wouldn't worry about your confession, half the guys on this GTI forum are tractor owners anyway  :grin: :grin:

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2014, 16:59 »
Welcome  :evil:

Wonder if they will eventually fit the 184hp diesel to the CC range, I could only see the 177hp one when I was looking at them?
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline manish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2014, 17:27 »
Welcome mate.

I wouldn't worry about your confession, half the guys on this GTI forum are tractor owners anyway  :grin: :grin:

:grin: :grin: hahaha.. even my 7 year old daughter cracked up with the tractor comment! love it!

Welcome  :evil:

Wonder if they will eventually fit the 184hp diesel to the CC range, I could only see the 177hp one when I was looking at them?

I was so hoping for that too, but they need to maintain exclusivity to the GTD I suppose. its only a little less power... :whistle:
(that's how im coping with it...)

Car is at Emden, and was told it was going to be on a ship by end of next week.
so as the tracker suggests, three weeks it is.

first two simple mods im looking to get  is an LED interior light kit, and stainless steel exhaust tips. anyone got a recommendation they can share?

thanks again..

(tractors  :grin:  :grin:)

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2014, 18:35 »
Welcome mate.

A poignant observation on the rise of the diesel pseud. ;)
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2014, 19:31 »
Welcome aboard. Be interested to see your pictures of it when you get it