Author Topic: Breakdown cover  (Read 3202 times)

physio

Breakdown cover
« on: 07 November 2013, 20:17 »
Hi guys .i know we get 1 yrs breakdown cover , do we get a membership card with phone numbers on
Or is it just a case of put the number in your mobile phone

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: Breakdown cover
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2013, 20:33 »
Its normally a booklet in the manual wallet these days....

physio

« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2013, 20:43 »
Thanks for the info .  it's just that with my Audi they gave u a card for your wallet as well

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2013, 21:57 »
The wife has just received today her welcome pack and membership card for VW assist for her New Polo Blue GT, that we collected back in July !!!!!!! (Only took them 4 months)

Still nothing on my GTD that I've had now for nearly 2 months !

Good to know that VW assist is as well organised as the rest of the VW group (even if it is run by the RAC).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2013, 00:22 »
Membership pack and all that is a waste of space IMHO. Just make sure you are registered with them and all will be fine if you need them. All you need is the phone number whcih is in the booklet in the manual folder (or should be!)

I used them a few weeks ago and found it a very efficient service.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2013, 10:02 »
When I have MINI emergency service on a new MINI you just used to call the number and give the registration, they knew who you were...  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2013, 10:12 »
When I have MINI emergency service on a new MINI you just used to call the number and give the registration, they knew who you were...  :smiley:

You can do that with the VW assistance too – Haven’t had a card on my previous 2 VWs. Has anyone enquired about the “mobility guarantee”? It has historically meant that for as long as you have the car serviced on the fixed interval regime, VW will provide you with all the support that normal VW assistance provides, as long as the cause of breakdown is attributed to the car and not factors beyond VWs control – like incorrect fuelling, puncture etc. I have tried getting UK specific terms from VW UK but it’s like pulling teeth. Some deny it’s existence and others know about it, but don’t know the details. It seems a service that is relied upon on the continent but they’d rather us in the UK not use it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2013, 14:01 »
My girlfriends new DS3 (Don't ask) has two buttons on the dash for assistance. One is for a standard breakdown and one is for an emergency situation. After two months of ownership we have not had to use either yet which has surprised me no end because:-

a) well its a French motor
b) my girlfriend is a lousy driver

So far ive resisted the urge to press either because im unbelievably curious to see what happens. In an emergency is it going to shoot a flare into the sky or better still smoke signals with SOS? That would be so  :cool:

God the temptation is driving me crazy. Must not press, must not press...... :evil: :grin: 

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2013, 14:11 »
Push the button....

What about if you pressed both at once?!/!/!??!/1!!???  :tongue:

...Push the button
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2013, 14:28 »
My girlfriends new DS3 (Don't ask) has two buttons on the dash for assistance. One is for a standard breakdown and one is for an emergency situation. After two months of ownership we have not had to use either yet which has surprised me no end because:-

a) well its a French motor
b) my girlfriend is a lousy driver

So far ive resisted the urge to press either because im unbelievably curious to see what happens. In an emergency is it going to shoot a flare into the sky or better still smoke signals with SOS? That would be so  :cool:

God the temptation is driving me crazy. Must not press, must not press...... :evil: :grin:

Getting visions of the Inbetweeners here. French car breaks down. Punch a trout to death and then press the dash button to see a flare shoot out from that stump on the roof you thought was the aerial.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.