Author Topic: Considering cancelling my order......  (Read 26958 times)

Running Man

Re: Considering cancelling my order......
« Reply #130 on: 12 June 2013, 20:58 »
Audi isn't a premium brand! At least Skoda and seat don't think they are a premium brand where Audi do.

How are we defining premium brand here?  Is BMW premium?  Jaguar?
Exactly its all subjective. I personally don't think Audi is any more premium than VW and considering they have exactly the same parts in them but your just charged more for the privilege that must make all vag cars premium?

Do VW, SEAT or Skoda produce anything that is equivalent to the RS range? Do they produce a supercar like the R8? Would people be prepared to pay £100k for any of the VW, SEAT or Skoda's on sale just now? I reckon if you asked car enthusiasts the vast majority would say that Audi is more of a premium brand than VW

I agree with you, however I think individual cars can break free of the overall brand.  Personally I don't like any other VW cars other than the Golf and Polo.

The Golf GTI is so iconic and best in class it could/should almost be a brand in its own right.  You hear it all the time from the 'experts' and commoners alke if you are wealthy enough to own supercars you will always need a Golf GTI in your garage  :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #131 on: 12 June 2013, 21:50 »
The only premium brand in the vag group is Bugatti. The entire argument is down to audi being the same as vw the same as seat and the same as skoda but paying a premium for a badge. It's the badge snobbery that I just don't understand and can't be ar5ed with  :huh:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #132 on: 12 June 2013, 21:57 »
The only premium brand in the vag group is Bugatti. The entire argument is down to audi being the same as vw the same as seat and the same as skoda but paying a premium for a badge. It's the badge snobbery that I just don't understand and can't be ar5ed with  :huh:

We'll just need to agree to disagree on this one pal  :smiley:

p.s. The VAG group also own Bentley and Lamborghini which are perhaps premium?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #133 on: 12 June 2013, 22:01 »
They've just bought up most of Porsche too  :laugh: seriously knocking the Audi/VW/seat/Skoda down the pecking order now  :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #134 on: 13 June 2013, 05:56 »
They've just bought up most of Porsche too  :laugh: seriously knocking the Audi/VW/seat/Skoda down the pecking order now  :grin: :grin:

Yes, I don't think we can leave Bentley or Lamborghini off the list.  Porsche too... although I'm never sure if they own VAG or if VAG own them!

I mentioned BMW and Jaguar because those two are competing with Audi, Mercedes too.  VW are competing with Ford.  In that way Audi is a premium over VW.  But VW is a premium brand over Hyundai.  It's all relative.  The cars may have the same base parts but I don't know anyone who would swap their Golf for a Fabia.

Having said that I'd take BMW or Mercedes over Audi any day, and Jaguar over the lot of them without question.... So maybe Audi aren't as premium as they like to think!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #135 on: 13 June 2013, 09:06 »
Porsche too... although I'm never sure if they own VAG or if VAG own them!

It's all relative.

Even within Porsche there is snobbery - who wants a cheapo Boxter when you can have a 911 C2 S?!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 13 June 2013, 10:11 »
Porsche too... although I'm never sure if they own VAG or if VAG own them!

It's all relative.

Even within Porsche there is snobbery - who wants a cheapo Boxter when you can have a 911 C2 S?!  :laugh:

I would take a boxter. Think the new boxter and cayman look ace  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 13 June 2013, 10:23 »
I would take a boxter. Think the new boxter and cayman look ace  :smiley: :smiley:

Cayman - yes

Boxter - no

Basically every Porsche you will pass will be better than the Boxter you're driving - and there's snobbery right there from me!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 13 June 2013, 10:24 »

Yeah, Cayman looks cool.... course, isn't it like £60k after adding a few options though? haha

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #139 on: 13 June 2013, 10:25 »
Cayman - yes

Boxter - no

You said it not me!  I was holding back in case he's just bought a boxter.  :laugh: