Author Topic: Considering cancelling my order......  (Read 26964 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Considering cancelling my order......
« Reply #120 on: 11 June 2013, 22:32 »
haha  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #121 on: 11 June 2013, 22:33 »
haha  :grin:

That was to Valenni right? :tongue:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #122 on: 12 June 2013, 16:25 »
Hmmm, I never get the car snobbery thing and I hate all snobbery anyway, we're all flesh and blood.
The comments from Audi owners amuse me the most when they get sniffy about Skodas and SEATs as the guy/girl in one of the latter 'lesser' marques has their own version of events knowing they're driving a relative bargain. Some people follow the crowd and some people follow their brain.

Having said that I've been around the VW scene a great number of years and most VW owners have a certain arrogance about them towards other brands and I'm as guilty as any other at times. Even if I won the Euro Millions I'd still have a VW amongst my fleet. Granted it would be a very special one and probably a lot more than just one!!

An American sticker I saw on a back of a VW at a show many years ago said it all "If it ain't VW, it ain't sh!t"
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #123 on: 12 June 2013, 16:57 »
An American sticker I saw on a back of a VW at a show many years ago said it all "If it ain't VW, it ain't sh!t"

So he is saying VW are sh!t? :laugh:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 12 June 2013, 18:33 »
Hmmm, I never get the car snobbery thing and I hate all snobbery anyway, we're all flesh and blood.
The comments from Audi owners amuse me the most when they get sniffy about Skodas and SEATs as the guy/girl in one of the latter 'lesser' marques has their own version of events knowing they're driving a relative bargain. Some people follow the crowd and some people follow their brain.

Having said that I've been around the VW scene a great number of years and most VW owners have a certain arrogance about them towards other brands and I'm as guilty as any other at times. Even if I won the Euro Millions I'd still have a VW amongst my fleet. Granted it would be a very special one and probably a lot more than just one!!

It's not being sniffy, it's just being realistic. Audi is a premium brand, Skoda and SEAT ain't - Fact!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #125 on: 12 June 2013, 19:11 »
Audi isn't a premium brand! At least Skoda and seat don't think they are a premium brand where Audi do.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #126 on: 12 June 2013, 19:15 »
Audi isn't a premium brand! At least Skoda and seat don't think they are a premium brand where Audi do.

How are we defining premium brand here?  Is BMW premium?  Jaguar?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 12 June 2013, 19:25 »

Exactly its all subjective. I personally don't think Audi is any more premium than VW and considering they have exactly the same parts in them but your just charged more for the privilege that must make all vag cars premium?

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 12 June 2013, 19:31 »

Exactly its all subjective. I personally don't think Audi is any more premium than VW and considering they have exactly the same parts in them but your just charged more for the privilege that must make all vag cars premium?

Do VW, SEAT or Skoda produce anything that is equivalent to the RS range? Do they produce a supercar like the R8? Would people be prepared to pay £100k for any of the VW, SEAT or Skoda's on sale just now? I reckon if you asked car enthusiasts the vast majority would say that Audi is more of a premium brand than VW

mjh_056

« Reply #129 on: 12 June 2013, 19:32 »
This is human behaviour that extends to pretty much most things - I pay extra for a car that gives me that feeling others I feel cannot and wife spends a fortune on shoes that look no different from last pair she bought and pair before that ;) Why do we buy Adidas over perfectly good unbranded trainers? Ray Ban over etc etc

The extra ££ can be linked to greater quality but it is as much linked to how it makes someone feel and as we all readily pay for that logic will always lose.