Author Topic: VW Car insurance  (Read 11678 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: VW Car insurance
« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2013, 16:37 »
Lots of companies don't do the 12 month new for old, some like direct line do.

It might be worth looking at the free VW Ensurance, they say that they will liaise with your insurance company and ensure genuine parts are used and provide a courtesy car where possible.
That's what they say anyway.

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2013, 16:44 »
Lots of companies don't do the 12 month new for old, some like direct line do.

It might be worth looking at the free VW Ensurance, they say that they will liaise with your insurance company and ensure genuine parts are used and provide a courtesy car where possible.
That's what they say anyway.
It's a lot easier to get a courtesy car if you're not at fault. Pick your repair garage carefully - "VW approved repairer" is not a guarantee of a job well done.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2013, 17:53 »
only one place in the north east worth using mh and that's mill car clinic at boldon.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline HD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2013, 21:11 »

Advise Needed!

Cheapest insurance for VW GTD - Unfortunately I have zero no claims??

Been driving a company van which is insured through the company for any driver over 25.

Thanks in advance.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2013, 21:17 »

Advise Needed!

Been driving a company van which is insured through the company for any driver over 25.

Thanks in advance.

Money Supermarket is your best bet, do a fictional quote see how it comes out.  Mine is about £300 a year (33 year old, 9 years no claims)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 17 September 2013, 21:26 »

Advise Needed!

Thanks in advance.

If you've had no clouts in the van and your company is prepared to say Mr X has been driving van Y for Z years without an accident/claim, you might find a broker willing to give some discretionary no claims discount.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2013, 21:36 »

Advise Needed!

Thanks in advance.

If you've had no clouts in the van and your company is prepared to say Mr X has been driving van Y for Z years without an accident/claim, you might find a broker willing to give some discretionary no claims discount.

just about to post exactly the same reply.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2013, 17:34 »

I don't go near Admiral either. Even if they show up as the cheapest on comparison sites.

My story isn't quite as bad as yours. When my S2000 was up for renewal Admiral quoted £200 up from the previous year. I canceled the policy but they decided to debit the money anyway. Then they had the cheek to try and charge me 20 odd quid when I phoned them for "administrative fees" which I point blank refused to pay. I got my money back and thought that was the end of it until a week later I got a letter through saying £120 or there abouts was getting taken from my account. No explanation why, just a letter telling me they were taking the money "just because"  :grin:

I phoned them back and told them if they so much as debited a penny from me, I'd skip right by Citizens Advice and The Trading Standards Agency and take them straight to the Small Claims Court. Not only would I get my money back, I'd also pursue legal action for making me take time off work and causing undue stress. Funnily enough I got an apology and never heard from them again!!!

Read their small-print...

They do not replace new for old in the first twelve months...

They reserve the right to repair your car with "second hand or recycled parts" if it is more than three years old...

The latter put me right off... It might not bother you for the first three years.

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2013, 17:46 »
That's the thing with insurance - the devil is in the detail :evil:  As the saying goes 'make sure you're compairing Apples with Apples!' :undecided:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline HD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2013, 21:04 »

Advise Needed!

Thanks in advance.

Money Supermarket is your best bet, do a fictional quote see how it comes out.  Mine is about £300 a year (33 year old, 9 years no claims)

Did one a little while back cheapest was about £1200....shocking lol