Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788874 times)

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1550 on: 24 December 2014, 13:51 »
Rotated the wheels today to front to back,so I don't have to buy a new set of tyres come April/may time when I trade in,but had trouble getting the wheels off due to corrosion around the hub,you would think vw would put a bit lubricant on to prevent this after all the car is only nine months old.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1551 on: 24 December 2014, 18:17 »
I finally tracked down a very annoying rattle from the rear of my car...turns out it was 2 things....the boot light was very loose in the housing and the grey plastic panel on the boot that you grab to close the hatch with....RESULT....silence at last.

Worse luck im at work tomorrow 7am - 7pm

Have a great Christmas everyone.....

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1552 on: 24 December 2014, 19:07 »
I am trying to add a few more options but my guy says it is not possible as it will delay the BW which at present stands at 7. My car is reasonably well optioned without being OTT. He's back on Jan 2. I think a visit is in the offing and a nice long serious chat over lunch. My treat to sweeten him!

RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1553 on: 24 December 2014, 22:09 »
Today I had my first run out in a GTD DSG.
Briefly.

Initial thoughts:
It was basic spec plus nav and still felt well equipped. Why waste money on more toys?!
Having said that I'd spec Sport & Sound, RVC and park assist I reckon.

DSG, hmmmm, the second time I've been out in a diesel DSG and yes, it goes quicker than a manual I'm guessing but the torque shove just doesn't feel the same and it's only satisfying using the paddles.
The jury is out for me so I'll try it again at some point (hopefully), but in the meantime I'd opt for the cheaper manual car.

I do like the GTD though, a slightly different character to the GTI and just as satisfying to drive.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1554 on: 26 December 2014, 12:13 »
I finally tracked down a very annoying rattle from the rear of my car...turns out it was 2 things....the boot light was very loose in the housing and the grey plastic panel on the boot that you grab to close the hatch with....RESULT....silence at last.

Ken

Another one to check if you have an annoying boot rattle is the plastic nut that holds the spare in place, mine was very slightly loose, drove me mad for a week but I found it in the end  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1555 on: 27 December 2014, 09:07 »

Ken

Another one to check if you have an annoying boot rattle is the plastic nut that holds the spare in place, mine was very slightly loose, drove me mad for a week but I found it in the end  :laugh:

I'm going to check these today, I have annoying rattle that I just cant figure out where the noise is coming from!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1556 on: 27 December 2014, 09:59 »
I'm going to check these too. We should really start a "Where your annoying rattle could be" thread  :grin:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1557 on: 31 December 2014, 18:30 »
Took a punt on some CF mirror covers from the bay of E.....these actually replace the original covers rather than sticking on top. Quality is very good....fit is also good.....abit fiddly to get them on though.

Apparently they are original VW mirror covers then covered in real carbon and sealed.

Wasnt sure they would look right on a Pure White car....but with the black wheels actually look better than id thought.

Happy new year everyone.....
Ken
GTI - PP

Offline ChrisG

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1558 on: 31 December 2014, 18:40 »
Those mirror caps look cool.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1559 on: 31 December 2014, 18:40 »

I like them Ken. Nice and shiny too. Good find !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA