Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789878 times)

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #820 on: 20 April 2015, 00:44 »
The light cluster doesn't light during the day or any other time with the light switch in off position. I noticed this the other day while driving through the tyne tunnel. To be honest that's the way it should be as I see loads of people driving around at dusk with no lights on. My 05 Leon fr had this and I couldn't see the point to be honest.

Mcmaddy:  Thanks for the the response.
Cheers
 Don
« Last Edit: 22 April 2015, 00:39 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #821 on: 20 April 2015, 00:54 »
Its quite possible that i am talking a complete load of rubbish as i have not checked but just basing my comments on recollection (probably not really a great idea).

No offence taken at all DV :-)

Mark: thanks for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure that your cars operated the same way as ours. My understanding of how these dimming curves work is embryonic and I find that details like this are important in validating (or not) basic concepts!
Cheers
Don

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #822 on: 21 April 2015, 16:57 »
Just an update. My light switch is off and when I turned the car on today in bright sunshine the instrument cluster was lit up. Went through the underground car park and I'm sure the cluster stayed lit. Will try it tomorrow with switch set to auto.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #823 on: 22 April 2015, 00:44 »
Just an update. My light switch is off and when I turned the car on today in bright sunshine the instrument cluster was lit up. Went through the underground car park and I'm sure the cluster stayed lit. Will try it tomorrow with switch set to auto.

Mcmaddy: many thanks for the update and for testing out this matter for me.

I've now had the opportunity to look more carefully at the dimming curves in the admaps for the UK Golf that was sent to me and I'm 100% confident in asserting (unequivocally) that your models up there operate exactly the same as our cars down here (from a cluster illumination perspective). After all, our two countries define a "lumen" the same way and the photo transistors in VW's cars are all calibrated to respond to light in the same manner - regardless of hemisphere.

Don't bother to recheck your lighting - I'm certain that the cluster illumination will  behave correctly when the switch is in the auto position.
Thanks again
Don

« Last Edit: 22 April 2015, 01:50 by dv52 »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #824 on: 25 April 2015, 21:26 »
Can I just check the people who have done the dimmed indicator vcds mod. Is it supposed to only dim the light when the full beams aren't on eg during the day. At night when I turn my indicators on the site light bulb comes on, is this right?

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #825 on: 26 April 2015, 09:54 »
When the headlights are active (regardless of dipped or full beam) they don't get dimmed.

Only works when DRL (and only them) are active, think it does not dim if they are even only on parking lights setting.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #826 on: 26 April 2015, 10:06 »
Mine only dims when it is just the DRLs on. I'm sure that is the way all other cars work.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #827 on: 26 April 2015, 13:28 »
Cheers chaps. Excellent as always  :smiley:

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #828 on: 30 April 2015, 19:38 »
Has anyone got the DRL led mod to work with brightness at 100% on sidelights? I tried it (covered a few pages ago on this thread) but it wouldn't accept 100 as a value?

Thanks.
Now - MK7.5 R in Pure White with DCC.
Gone - 2014 Mk7 GTI DSG Pure White - Discover Nav - Park Assist - Winter Pack.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #829 on: 30 April 2015, 19:42 »
Has anyone got the DRL led mod to work with brightness at 100% on sidelights? I tried it (covered a few pages ago on this thread) but it wouldn't accept 100 as a value?

Thanks.

I had this problem mate, if it won't accept anything then youre on the wrong bunch of German words, have another look for a very similar sentence
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG