Author Topic: jamie16v - 1.8T  (Read 25413 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jamie16v - 1.8T
« on: 03 June 2009, 10:59 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

jamie16v

Re: jamie16v - 1.8T
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2009, 21:03 »
Thanks JV.
So, it all began when my mk3 became impracticle for the family after buying a lowering kit that said in the ad 40mm but ended up more 60-80mm...  (too much time and money to change back)
 after taking a liking to VWs i thought i would look for an affordable mk4, but it had to have some grunt.
 then i spotted this 99 AGU 1.8T in red which i thought was a good price.
here is a pic of what she looked like before i bought her.

jamie16v

« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2009, 21:14 »
within a week of owning the car i found that the springs had snapped on the front, so my first mod was to get her lowered a little, so i went and bought a set of jamex -35mm springs for £52 on ebay.
i got these fitted as soon as they arrived as i didnt have a car for work, the ride isnt the best as i havent upgraded the shocks yet. its on my list bit other things need doing first.  :cool:

the walnut sh!t on the dash really didnt take to my fancy so it had to go.. i found a cheap solution in a local motor factors.. chavvy maybe but i like the look.. i went for iron on carbon fibre stuff and i think it looks quite sporty. (no pics just yet, will get some soon).

after reading bad things about the standard DV i decided an upgrade was a must. Forge was a bit pricey for me so i found this R-spec one on ebay for a little bit less, £50 for the DV and i bought some nice silicone vac hose to fit it with, and i replace the pipe on the FPR while i was there.

to compliment the new DV i added a pipercross panel filter and smoothed the airbox whilst chucking the restrictive induction pipe and replacing it with a larger diameter cold air feed (works in the same way as the DSG but at the fraction of the cost)

more later!  :smiley:

jamie16v

« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2009, 14:26 »
Got an R-tech remap booked for next monday.. really cant wait for this one.  cant afford a fmic just yet but it will be one of my next mods.  :cool:
its such a nice day i might just paint my montreal`s with a bit of gloss black..

jamie16v

« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2009, 21:28 »
well i did say i was going to gloss black my montreal`s so i took a little inspiration.. it may be a little marmite for some of you but i like it.. :smiley: i am going for a red and black sort of them so will look really cool once i have done the other things..

also the other day i tinted my headlamps, but not the joey mod way, i did it my way!! :grin: although i`m not too happy with the finish i may just scrap it and do the joey mod or redo what i have done.
 :cool:

my light smoke tints should be in the post as we speak so they will compliment the mods i have already done so im excited about that and my remap is booked in.
black side repeaters are on my to do list
the spending has commenced..  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 29 June 2009, 21:32 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2009, 20:08 »
well got my tints and side repeaters and fitted them today.. one word, have a second pair of hands when doing the tints.
i had to struggle on my own with the tints and it didnt turn out perfect but it looks o.k..
its not too dark and although they`re on the front (fingers crossed) the cops should leave me alone..
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 22:02 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2009, 10:29 »
R-tech are on their way as i type  :smiley: just twiddling my thumbs now in an anxious wait  :tongue:
hopefuly now the car should have some chug instead of feeling so flat.. :evil:

jamie16v

« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2009, 13:01 »
ben from R-tech has been and gone..  :smiley: smiles all round  :evil:
what a difference..

jamie16v

« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2011, 22:01 »
i think it`s about time i updated this... i have done loads since my last post just never been arsed about showing it..
i will take some pics tomorrow and update my mods done and to do list..

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2011, 16:01 »
i think it`s about time i updated this... i have done loads since my last post just never been arsed about showing it..
i will take some pics tomorrow and update my mods done and to do list..

chop chop lol :wink:
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D