Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788454 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5760 on: 17 December 2016, 00:45 »

Sorry I forgot your R was special and merited it's own 43 pages (currently) of what you have done to it.  :whistle: :whistle:

Oh and don't forget the exact same post on the R forum

My point was only meant to be about the unnecessary duplication of posts into different threads, that was all.

On the subject of unnecessary, your comment (quoted in bold above) was a totally unnecessary way to make a point. 

TBH, Jimble can delete all 43 pages of R thread for all I care.

I don't think that'll be necessary, i think the majority enjoy your posts and you've taken onboard comments made by some of the regulars, i'll have a rummage and delete/move some bits over the weekend.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5761 on: 17 December 2016, 00:47 »

Sorry I forgot your R was special and merited it's own 43 pages (currently) of what you have done to it.  :whistle: :whistle:

Oh and don't forget the exact same post on the R forum

My point was only meant to be about the unnecessary duplication of posts into different threads, that was all.

On the subject of unnecessary, your comment (quoted in bold above) was a totally unnecessary way to make a point. 

TBH, Jimble can delete all 43 pages of R thread for all I care.

I don't think that'll be necessary, i think the majority enjoy your posts and you've taken onboard comments made by some of the regulars, i'll have a rummage and delete/move some bits over the weekend.

Actually Jimble rather than you go to the bother of rummaging around, can you please delete my 'Thoughts on the R' thread altogether.  Thank you.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5762 on: 17 December 2016, 00:52 »
Is there a requirement to repeat every post twice?

Yes, I also updated my own specific car thread and also posted relevant stuff in the detailing section for those who dwell in there.  Sorry if that bothers you but too bad.
[/i][/b]

Sorry but it was your attitude to my original question (in bold) that was poor to begin with so there's no moral high ground to be taken here

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5763 on: 17 December 2016, 01:20 »
Is there a requirement to repeat every post twice?

Yes, I also updated my own specific car thread and also posted relevant stuff in the detailing section for those who dwell in there.  Sorry if that bothers you but too bad.
[/i][/b]

Sorry but it was your attitude to my original question (in bold) that was poor to begin with so there's no moral high ground to be taken here

Tit for tat eh?  Lol.  Fair enough it was an off comment I originally made as I thought you were being rather petty, but I still don't think there was any call for that kind of response.  I apologise for my comment.  A lot of the time I only post a link in this thread to a post in the detailing section, but today I thought I'd stick the pics in here too as it was something I'd done to my mk7 today.   Anyway, deletion of my R thread will resolve a number of duplicate posts. And then if Jimble comes across any pics of my detailed car in this thread (without him going to a lot of trouble), he can delete them too, and problem solved :-)
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #5764 on: 17 December 2016, 07:24 »
To throw my thoughts in to the ring and trying not to upset anybody, I have enjoyed looking at reading and picking up tips from Rebecca's posts both now and even as a visitor before I picked up my gti. Rebecca has always been keen to help if I ever requested and has always been very approachable and respectful in her posts, I don't always read through every topic on here so Rebecca's posts in different threads is something I actually appreciate, I really hope that Rebecca continues to post just as she has been....this is a forum for sharing information that's relevant to our cars and if that is spread across a broader net then that's all good.
Now I would have said the same and felt the same at any time but with now being the season of good wil it's more relevant in a way.....Rebecca please keep the posts coming as I am sure that the majority of the forum users do appreciate them and I fully get the reason why you post as you do,  I find it useful and interesting to just stumble across your posts .....so you are doing something right.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2016, 07:28 by buddfridge »
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5765 on: 17 December 2016, 07:48 »
I was always taught if you've got nothing nice to say then don't say it!!

LOL. From the dude that called a bunch of us "a shower of pr1cks" or words to that effect a number of months ago.

I've never said that about anyone on here but lo and behold looks like the same thing happening again on this thread. It's borderline bullying and I wonder if people would have the guts to say things to the individuals face. Hmmm the answer would be no. As I've said before if you don't like what's in a thread don't read it!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5766 on: 17 December 2016, 10:49 »

But... it never came across that way and why not keep it private and send her PM concerning instead of belittling... or send a PM to the forum moderator for intervention?

As others have pointed out Rebecca's posts are very helpful and show off her pride and joy which she spends countless hours maintaining,  :cool: and I like others, only read the MK7 section of the forum so would miss these posts if they weren't here.

Who really cares how many times she posts the same post to however many forum's (sections) she wants to? How inconvenient is it for you to scroll right past the unnecessary duplication of posts (that most people only ever see as one post on the forum) and mutter under your own breath (or aloud if you want to) about another duplicate post?  They must be winding you up big time.....  :tongue: Carry on with the posts Rebecca :whistle:

In all honesty it is a paltry attitude and the kind that causes forum members not to contribute. Shame on you.

Season's Greetings to all members and guests.  :smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5767 on: 17 December 2016, 11:16 »

But... it never came across that way and why not keep it private and send her PM concerning instead of belittling... or send a PM to the forum moderator for intervention?

As others have pointed out Rebecca's posts are very helpful and show off her pride and joy which she spends countless hours maintaining,  :cool: and I like others, only read the MK7 section of the forum so would miss these posts if they weren't here.

Who really cares how many times she posts the same post to however many forum's (sections) she wants to? How inconvenient is it for you to scroll right past the unnecessary duplication of posts (that most people only ever see as one post on the forum) and mutter under your own breath (or aloud if you want to) about another duplicate post?  They must be winding you up big time.....  :tongue: Carry on with the posts Rebecca :whistle:

In all honesty it is a paltry attitude and the kind that causes forum members not to contribute. Shame on you.

Season's Greetings to all members and guests.  :smiley:

I don't feel any shame on my statement. We are all entitled to our opinions whether you like it or not

Offline GTD22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5768 on: 17 December 2016, 11:50 »
Jesus, you'd never think it was Christmas would you  :rolleyes:

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #5769 on: 17 December 2016, 11:52 »
To throw my thoughts in to the ring and trying not to upset anybody, I have enjoyed looking at reading and picking up tips from Rebecca's posts both now and even as a visitor before I picked up my gti. Rebecca has always been keen to help if I ever requested and has always been very approachable and respectful in her posts, I don't always read through every topic on here so Rebecca's posts in different threads is something I actually appreciate, I really hope that Rebecca continues to post just as she has been....this is a forum for sharing information that's relevant to our cars and if that is spread across a broader net then that's all good.
Now I would have said the same and felt the same at any time but with now being the season of good wil it's more relevant in a way.....Rebecca please keep the posts coming as I am sure that the majority of the forum users do appreciate them and I fully get the reason why you post as you do,  I find it useful and interesting to just stumble across your posts .....so you are doing something right.
[/qu
THIS
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox