Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302254 times)

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1040 on: 19 April 2017, 13:31 »
i've just been on the phone to vw support and she's going to try find out, but looking at the new price guide the dsg 7 speed is available on the gti but only with the perf package.. if this is true i'll be putting my order on hold as it screams peepee take imho.. 

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1041 on: 19 April 2017, 13:41 »
i've just been on the phone to vw support and she's going to try find out, but looking at the new price guide the dsg 7 speed is available on the gti but only with the perf package.. if this is true i'll be putting my order on hold as it screams peepee take imho..

Yes, that is true - its very obvious from the configurator and I believe the press release announcing the PP says that DSG7 is one of the features you get by adding it.

Its curious why they have chosen to do this for the UK market... but who knows what VW UK are thinking these days.

You would imagine that the factory wouldn't want to be purchasing two different gearboxes and configuring using them either - it makes no sense from a cost/production perspective. Unless of course they have a pile of them to use up at the end of a supplier contract.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1042 on: 19 April 2017, 13:44 »

That's always been the case. Unlike "fogs-gate", its been clear from the outset that only the R and the GTI-PP have the 7-speed DSG.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1043 on: 19 April 2017, 13:57 »
Actually, checking on the Vaterland, it seems our sausage munching friends also are presented with a DSG6 GTI unless you get a PP.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #1044 on: 19 April 2017, 14:07 »
so every model gets a 7 speed dsg as standard except the gti,  i do not understand their thinking i really don't... 
« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 14:13 by maxie »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1045 on: 19 April 2017, 14:17 »
Other than FOMO, is there any real reason to care?

From what others have said, the DSG6 is more fun to drive...

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1046 on: 19 April 2017, 14:43 »
Other than FOMO, is there any real reason to care?

From what others have said, the DSG6 is more fun to drive...
The figures for the Golf R indicates that the new 7 speed DSG has improved performance and economy.

Though there is little change for the GTD data.

I think the information from other countries indicates that there will be no improvement for the GTI Performance. However, the car has extra horse power, torque and weight from the VAQ differential.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1047 on: 19 April 2017, 16:18 »
Yes, I agree that the other PP elements are worthy of the spend, but the DSG7 is IMHO the least attractive element of the pack.

And yes, I have no idea why you'd need to spec PP to get it.

But just spec PP anyway, the brakes if nothing else are worth it.

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1048 on: 19 April 2017, 16:54 »
Got to say I'm a bit disappointed if it's true about the fog lights even if it's only from a looks point of view and you do actually get fog lights in the main light units -  I think the lower fins in the bumper without the fogs look like there is something missing - the cars with fogs in the bumper complete "the look".

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1049 on: 19 April 2017, 17:11 »

just been the vw dealership and fogs will not be fitted in the uk as it's built into the led daylights etc.. and he was shocked when the 7speed dsg wasn't an option on the gti..lol. as he thought it was meant to be on all new models..lol

My dealer didn't realise stated 3 times during his sales pitch the GTI today comes with the 7 speed.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 17:14 by Briggsy »