Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302338 times)

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #940 on: 06 April 2017, 23:06 »
On audi's its a £450 option for virtual cockpit and from what I've seen theirs is superior. For some reason though for an S3 you have to spec tech pack advanced to get it, not sure about other models.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #941 on: 07 April 2017, 08:07 »
I did think about waiting for the PP but not on the basis of it coming with a 7 DSG, I was informed it was for the diff and power upgrade.
This is what I'm expecting -

GTI
-230hp and 350nm torque
-6 speed DSG

GTI PP
-245hp and 370nm torque
-7 speed DSG
-VAQ electronically controlled limited slip differential
-Golf R brakes
-Red GTI badges :cool:

... have I missed anything?

Just the nice big front brake callipers with GTI logos.  :smiley:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #942 on: 07 April 2017, 08:15 »
On audi's its a £450 option for virtual cockpit and from what I've seen theirs is superior. For some reason though for an S3 you have to spec tech pack advanced to get it, not sure about other models.

Yeah you can not spec the virtual cockpit on an A3 or S3 without advanced tech pack which turns it into a £1400 option.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #943 on: 07 April 2017, 22:01 »
I was browsing through VW Driver magazine today. I noticed that there are 2 photos of Golf GTIs back-to-back on pages 13 and 14. Both photos were taken from the same angle. The first photo has no fog lights. The second photo clearly has fog lights. :nerd:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #944 on: 07 April 2017, 22:13 »
I wonder if the "no fog lights" is similar to the original Mk7 when it was released with no ACC.
Its almost as if they are getting demos out that aren't complete. Easily recognisable!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #945 on: 08 April 2017, 11:19 »
I wonder if the "no fog lights" is similar to the original Mk7 when it was released with no ACC.
Its almost as if they are getting demos out that aren't complete. Easily recognisable!
I've been thinking that too reading the forum foglight spotters posts these last few weeks.  :nerd:

I've still yet to see a 7.5 of any sort in the flesh.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #946 on: 08 April 2017, 17:26 »
Does it need foglights with Led headlights?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #947 on: 08 April 2017, 17:41 »

It may not need them and I'm sure that some GTI owners may not use them, but they've been part of the 'face' of the Golf GTI since the mk2*, so seems strange if they've been dropped now. Some owners will use them in appropriate driving conditions (I would).

Like p3asa has said, it's quite possible that the early mk7.5 GTI's are the official dealer demos and, for whatever reason, they were built with no front fog lights. Time will tell when customer orders are delivered in the next few weeks.............l dare say that most forthcoming owners who have ordered a mk7.5 GTI and are awaiting delivery will expect their cars to have front fogs.

*some mark 2 GTI's had them so I'm assuming they were introduced during the mk2's life. The mk4's fog lights were integrated into the headlamp units so it wasn't obvious that it had them, but it still had them.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2017, 17:48 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #948 on: 08 April 2017, 18:15 »

It may not need them and I'm sure that some GTI owners may not use them, but they've been part of the 'face' of the Golf GTI since the mk2*, so seems strange if they've been dropped now. Some owners will use them in appropriate driving conditions (I would).

Like p3asa has said, it's quite possible that the early mk7.5 GTI's are the official dealer demos and, for whatever reason, they were built with no front fog lights. Time will tell when customer orders are delivered in the next few weeks.............l dare say that most forthcoming owners who have ordered a mk7.5 GTI and are awaiting delivery will expect their cars to have front fogs.

*some mark 2 GTI's had them so I'm assuming they were introduced during the mk2's life. The mk4's fog lights were integrated into the headlamp units so it wasn't obvious that it had them, but it still had them.

The Mk2 big bumper had fogs.

The facelift cars in Ireland have fogs and I seen a facelift the other day in the UK with fogs.

« Last Edit: 08 April 2017, 18:23 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline dougle_turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #949 on: 08 April 2017, 18:59 »
I drove 2 different facelift GTIs today, from different dealerships and neither had fog lights.