Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302326 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #920 on: 05 April 2017, 22:01 »
How does Indium grey compare to Carbon, is it a bit lighter or pretty similar. Carbon is a bit dark for my likings but does look smart.

Indium is lighter... and is more "grey" than Carbon imo. Carbon has a green/bluey tinge in it and sometimes looks close to black in certain lights.
If you want to see Indium in the metal, just pay more attention on the roads/carparks... its already a popular colour on Passats/Tiguans.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #921 on: 05 April 2017, 22:19 »
I wouldn't be so sure either of those will be coming. I'm still waiting for vw to explain why the fogs have gone...
Am I missing something? Have VW confirmed that front fogs will not be fitted to UK vehicles or is their not being present on dealer cars being taken that they won't be on customer cars? They are listed in the specifications (based on 14th Feb price list which I have saved) as being present and I'm expecting them to be fitted to mine when it arrives.

Super pictures of Isaac Blue BTW, looks great to me - looking forward to getting mine.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2017, 22:30 by eatontrifles »
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #922 on: 05 April 2017, 22:32 »
Lol probably do need some new specs... And to be reading this using something other than an iPhone!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #923 on: 05 April 2017, 22:53 »
Lol probably do need some new specs... And to be reading this using something other than an iPhone!

That's what I was using when I looked at this thread earlier. Speaking of Specsavers , I bought a pair of +1.50 glasses yesterday from Tesco and I realised that I need to go to Specsavers, sharpish.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #924 on: 06 April 2017, 10:54 »
Here's some pics of Isaac Blue.

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/76briandon/media/2SE-DQX921_2_zpsryrnfxx6.jpg.html?filters[user]=146358438&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

I'm going to directly link to your photos for ease, I hope you don't mind.

All photos courtesy of Don76

Red calipers too which are available as an option on the German GTD configurator. (not the S&S pack like the mk7.1, just painted red)

Edit: Just found out the red calipers are a no-cost option on VW Ireland configurator on the GTD.

« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 13:09 by GTD1414 »

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #925 on: 06 April 2017, 12:43 »
This is a video from a car in stock at a London dealer.
No fog lights or red calipers.

https://youtu.be/cMOlL6vpA1Y

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #926 on: 06 April 2017, 13:01 »
This is a video from a car in stock at a London dealer.
No fog lights or red calipers.

https://youtu.be/cMOlL6vpA1Y

The red caliper option is not available in UK, pic above is from Germany.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #927 on: 06 April 2017, 18:50 »
Just to triple confirm, the white GTI in the VW Ipswich showroom doesn't have fogs
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #928 on: 06 April 2017, 19:27 »
So...

Those who have seen the Active Info Display (AID :huh:) in the flesh - what do you think?

First impression - I really, really didn't like it. I spend a lot of my working day looking at screens. Now I'll have another one. :angry: I might have been impresses if it was a vivid high resolution display. But the AID screen looked like quite low resolution or maybe it was just the graphics. Maybe there are settings to turn up the brightness, because it also looked quite dull.

However, I doubt if I would delete a £550 option. So I guess I'll just have to get used to it.  :angry:
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 19:56 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #929 on: 06 April 2017, 19:53 »
New member here, ordered mk7.5 GTI on Monday. My first ever VW so hoping it'll be a good ownership.

In terms of the AID the dealership I went to had that day taken delivery of their showroom car (only 7.5 they had) and kindly let me take it out for a spin. The AID while driving is fine, no different from standard dials and the ability to amend it to things like the nav was great as it keeps yours eyes more focused on the road rather than diverting to the left to look at the map in the centre screen.

I know what you mean about low res, compared to say the 8" centre display it is a little but its not noticeable when you're driving around.

I do have a question though, the dealer said it comes with a 7 speed DSG but some reviews mention 6 speed so I'm a little confused as to what it should have.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 19:54 by Briggsy »