Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302276 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #900 on: 04 April 2017, 22:40 »
Going off on a tangent from the fogs or no fogs debate, who actually uses front fog lights?

I'd rather not have them to be honest because they have made no difference for me even in really thick fog and then I forget to turn the buggers off.

The LED fogs on my GTD, and now the GTI, are the first fog lights I have found to be fit for purpose, both as fog lights ( !! ) and as fill in lights when I'm on poor or unmade roads at night ( !!! ). Be a bugger if, having finally got a decent design, they ditched them.  :angry:

I currently drive a Corsa and the fog lights are useless but it is a Vauxhall so that says it all really.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #901 on: 04 April 2017, 23:09 »
Going off on a tangent from the fogs or no fogs debate, who actually uses front fog lights?

I'd rather not have them to be honest because they have made no difference for me even in really thick fog and then I forget to turn the buggers off.

The LED fogs on my GTD, and now the GTI, are the first fog lights I have found to be fit for purpose, both as fog lights ( !! ) and as fill in lights when I'm on poor or unmade roads at night ( !!! ). Be a bugger if, having finally got a decent design, they ditched them.  :angry:

Same here, I also have them set to come on with the headlights. Another thing is that the Mk7 is the first car I have seen(as I meet oncoming) that has their fogs on and it doesn't bother/dazzle me.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #902 on: 05 April 2017, 10:03 »
VW Crewe has an Indium Grey GTD plated up outside and it definitely doesn't have front fog lights in the fins - I don't think it looks as mean without them!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #903 on: 05 April 2017, 10:16 »
VW Crewe has an Indium Grey GTD plated up outside and it definitely doesn't have front fog lights in the fins - I don't think it looks as mean without them!
How did it look in that colour?

There was an Indium Grey in between two Tornado Red Golf's at the dealers yesterday. As the light faded it started to look quite beige :undecided:

The new GTD alloys look really good. Thought they also look like they would be really, really difficult to clean.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #904 on: 05 April 2017, 10:54 »

There was an Indium Grey in between two Tornado Red Golf's at the dealers yesterday. As the light faded it started to look quite beige :undecided:

The new GTD alloys look really good. Thought they also look like they would be really, really difficult to clean.

They are going to need a new set of wheel woolies. Bit fussy for me.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #905 on: 05 April 2017, 12:38 »
So it looks like front fog lights are going to be first on the list for the BW22/MY18 changes  :laugh:

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #906 on: 05 April 2017, 17:48 »

They are going to need a new set of wheel woolies. Bit fussy for me.

In the daylight Indium Grey looked good - considering I've got Carbon Grey at the minute it looked really good, although I'd still like to see a photo of Isaac Blue or better still see that colour in the flesh now.  I'm not a techi so don't have a photo bucket account or whatever to upload photos too.

I'll be waiting to BW22 / MY18 changes before ordering as ideally I want Fog Lights + Sport & Sound which will match what I have currently.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #907 on: 05 April 2017, 18:56 »
I wouldn't be so sure either of those will be coming. I'm still waiting for vw to explain why the fogs have gone...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #908 on: 05 April 2017, 19:57 »
Here's some pics of Isaac Blue.

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/76briandon/media/2SE-DQX921_2_zpsryrnfxx6.jpg.html?filters[user]=146358438&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

« Last Edit: 05 April 2017, 20:02 by Don76 »

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #909 on: 05 April 2017, 20:09 »
Here's some pics of Isaac Blue.

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/76briandon/media/2SE-DQX921_2_zpsryrnfxx6.jpg.html?filters[user]=146358438&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

I'm going to directly link to your photos for ease, I hope you don't mind.

All photos courtesy of Don76