Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302258 times)

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #650 on: 12 February 2017, 20:18 »
thanks, not very often we get them together for a good pic. Maybe next time it will be 2 white cars. 1 R, 1 R line
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Online monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #651 on: 12 February 2017, 20:19 »
That's one of the reasons to go back to silver but maybe white will be my colour of choice
When we were out this afternoon I noticed 4 white Golfs and 1 red. White just doesn't do it for me, but I really liked the red one :undecided: Though red is a dark colour and will blend in as the light fades.

"Blend in as the light fades"?? What does that mean? Can't say I've ever had too much difficulty spotting my car after dark :smiley:

I mean this

Thats my Carbon grey against my brothers White and it was just getting dark.

I get your point, you're dicing with death leaving your darker coloured, unlit Golf in a car park (you might even not be able to spot it when returning back to the car park if the ambient light has dipped slightly, and be wandering the car park for several minutes until you walk into it). However, on the move, you should have your lights on and therefore be easily spotted by other road users.  :whistle:

If there were any significant and proven stats on certain coloured cars being far less likely to be seen in use and therefore far more dangerous, those colours would  be banned from being optioned.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #652 on: 12 February 2017, 20:39 »
Please don't take this personally but what an absolute load of old bo****ks.
... so you refuse to see what was right before your eyes in that video? :rolleyes:

The fact is that dark cars are less noticeable especially at night and therefore more likely to be involved in an accident. Statistics support this fact!

There are more articles and videos here - https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl

Get what you want, I just don't see that's a reason to choose one colour over another. When it's dark, you have your lights on, that's what they are for mostly, to make you more obvious to other road users. I'm sure by using statistics you could make a good case for not leaving your house :whistle:

As I said, don't take my comments personally, we all have our ways of choosing what we want and yours is no better or worse than any other, I just think the evidence is weak and it wouldn't sway my judgement. And the red is absolutely stunning when clean in the right light (so about 4 times a year...) :smiley:

Well I think it is :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #653 on: 12 February 2017, 20:52 »
Get what you want, I just don't see that's a reason to choose one colour over another. When it's dark, you have your lights on, that's what they are for mostly, to make you more obvious to other road users. I'm sure by using statistics you could make a good case for not leaving your house :whistle:
... sigh... if only we all had good roads to drive on.

Have you never had any near misses where you just didn't see the other car.

Your post above reminded me of this one... When I was leaving the house on the way to work, it was dusk and it was raining. At the end of the drive I looked left and right (into the tree tunnel) then pulled out onto the road. There was a black car with no lights on, right up my bumper! I had just pulled out in front of him because when I looked right I could not see his black car.

Since 2011 all cars have daylight running light. For good reason!

As I said before - a friend has a midnight blue Bora. He has no room on his drive so he parks it on the cul-de-sac. His sister-in-law reversed into it, my brother reversed into it and I didn't see it and nearly reversed into it. It is dam near invisible under street lights.

Our local roads are narrow and there are several 'hidden dips' like the photo below only without the sign, no road marking and narrow. Cars usually drive down the middle of the road and only pull over when/if they see me -

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #654 on: 12 February 2017, 21:01 »
... sigh... if only we all had good roads to drive on.

Have you never had any near misses where you just didn't see the other car.

Your post above reminded me of this one... When I was leaving the house on the way to work, it was dusk and it was raining. At the end of the drive I looked left and right (into the tree tunnel) then pulled out onto the road. There was a black car with no lights on, right up my bumper! I had just pulled out in front of him because when I looked right I could not see his black car.

Since 2011 all cars have daylight running light. For good reason!

As I said before - a friend has a midnight blue Bora. He has no room on his drive so he parks it on the cul-de-sac. His sister-in-law reversed into it, my brother reversed into it and I didn't see it and nearly reversed into it. It is dam near invisible under street lights.

Our local roads are narrow and there are several 'hidden dips' like the photo below only without the sign, no road marking and narrow. Cars usually drive down the middle of the road and only pull over when/if they see me -

Just get a red one, you know you want to :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #655 on: 12 February 2017, 21:04 »
thanks, not very often we get them together for a good pic. Maybe next time it will be 2 white cars. 1 R, 1 R line
It would be better if he bought a carbon grey one as well :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 12 February 2017, 21:09 »
As I said, don't take my comments personally, we all have our ways of choosing what we want and yours is no better or worse than any other, I just think the evidence is weak and it wouldn't sway my judgement. And the red is absolutely stunning when clean in the right light (so about 4 times a year...) :smiley:
Like I said - I really liked the red Golf GTI/GTD I saw earlier today. Red is a great colour for the Golf. My wife's Audi A3 is red.

During the day it is also a high contrast colour and highly visible. After all, fire engines and post vans are red. It still does not change the fact that it is dark colour. Unfortunately the human eye cannot distinguish colour in low light. We can only see light and dark.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #657 on: 12 February 2017, 21:16 »
Like I said - I really liked the red Golf GTI/GTD I saw earlier today. Red is a great colour for the Golf. My wife's Audi A3 is red.

During the day it is also a high contrast colour and highly visible. After all, fire engines and post vans are red. It still does not change the fact that it is dark colour. Unfortunately the human eye cannot distinguish colour in low light. We can only see light and dark.

Fair enough, it's your money after all. Presumably then the Royal Mail most lose lots of vans to accidents in the winter months :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #658 on: 12 February 2017, 21:18 »
It would be better if he bought a carbon grey one as well :whistle:
Black is my favourite colour, but too hard to keep clean :tongue:

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #659 on: 12 February 2017, 21:26 »
Fair enough, it's your money after all. Presumably then the Royal Mail most lose lots of vans to accidents in the winter months :rolleyes:
... sigh...

... but emergence vehicles are usually white with yellow, blue, orange or green reflective checkering because it is the most visible. And they have lots of flashing lights!